End of a Bad Tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkseid76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I took down my fathers bad tank, and while I was emptying it I seen the bottom was literally covered in decaying food and who knows what else.

So I didn't get any pics from the clean up but I did take a water sample and tested it.

I took results for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates. You won't believe your eyes lol

image-2964858606.jpg

And without the card:

image-3492086078.jpg

I swear I don't know how his fish survived!!

It was a 55. He had at last count 3 bettas and 3 gold fish.

At one point he even had wild caught catfish and crayfish in there too. And yes the ammonia test turned blue.

Oddly enough the nitrite tested 0 ppm lol

On the good side, the filter media must be incredibly strong in BBs (Beneficial Bacteria). I hope you saved it!

So whyd u tell us?

It's a little something called "sharing". (/).-)

Anyways guys I have no idea how these fish were surviving. No water changes, no heater, no light.

It was unbelievable...

Every time I said something to him he would come back at me and say that my fish were "pampered" and "spoiled" LOL

And his fish were living in "natural" conditions! SMH

This reminds me of kids at my school who saw the tank we had there they were all like This is awesome I am so going to get a fishbowl fill it with water then throw in some salt we have tons in are kitchen! Then all I have to do is go find a dory! I can't wait and it will be so happy to have a bowl all to its self!

That's how I felt too! Of course I was a primary caretaker of the tank and I actually know stuff about fish!

Back
Top Bottom