Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Whats more fun than cleaning an oscar tank and having them eyeball your fingers like its a delicious kabob? They got me all the time. The exciting anticipation from hand feeding them was too much to pass up.
Yeah, id do it again
Thats a funny story about the Lanceolatus Grouper. Very cool fish! What did they do with them when they grew out of their tanks?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 04-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbox View Post
Whats more fun than cleaning an oscar tank and having them eyeball your fingers like its a delicious kabob? They got me all the time. The exciting anticipation from hand feeding them was too much to pass up.
Yeah, id do it again
Thats a funny story about the Lanceolatus Grouper. Very cool fish! What did they do with them when they grew out of their tanks?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
They were sent to a large public aquarium, I believe the grouper went to Florida.
The nurse shark I had was orphaned at the store, guy literally brought it in and left it. After my caring for him for around 6 months we finally found him a home at a public aquarium in Tokyo.
this was all 30+ years ago when I worked in the industry.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:29 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The worst I've got is but by a guppy, which just a little tickle!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Fishobsessed7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:18 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm guessing hermit crabs count as well.....they can really hurt, especially when they decide not to let go for the next half hour!
(GBR pair, 3 amano shrimp and a whole bunch of snails!)
Nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:45 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ever been attacked or hurt by your critters?

I had a Betta who lived in a community tank with assorted tetras who always stool food from him. I always hand fed him. He always decider to bite my fingers before he ate the freeze dried bloodworms. At first it was just a tickle but then he taught himself how to hold on to my finger and twist around (like what sharks do with seals) that began to hurt. To combat that I would hold the blood worm in the water and my fingers just above. Eventually he started to jump and bite not what I was planning to have him do, but guess what I taught my fish how to jump. That's I think is impressive.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor
Old 04-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #26
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

it's not how big or small a critter is it's how many teeth he has that are razor Sharpe
I've taken many hits by many fish but I do believe the black domino damsel I have has the sharpest teeth I've seen yet ,
don't over look our crustation friends , I thought for sure I lost a finger to my purple lobster he latched on and didn't want to let go , if you don't know what pain is try this!!
but yes my biggest enemy is the Bristol worm not only do they hurt but can scar you for life , I found out the hard way I'm allergic to these stupid worms , I had a larger one crawl up my arm as I was working on my tank , 2 days later this is what came of it, never look at these guys as harmless as you can see , I dealt with this almost 2 months to heal,
Old 04-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

WOW, that's really something!

How long ago did that happen?
Not to be rude, but could it be because of other issues that have compromised your immune system and that is why the bad reaction?

Either way I know I'm gonna steer clear of them now.

but yeah, don't discount the little critters, my worst experience came from a barb from a saltwater cat that was no more than 3" long.
Very ill, 102 fever, shakes, major rash at the puncture site, etc. I thought I was going to die.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #28
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

it happen about 2 years ago and it was determined to be allergic reaction but with a skin eating bacteria almost like a spider bite,
Old 04-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

My goodness! I'll have to read through this thread later!

All we've had thus far is biting bettas, but that doesn't hurt, just feels like a vacuum kiss or something. Or a little nip.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

This isn't in an aquarium but I once caught a small channel cat and it barbed my finger. It only bled a bit but left a red mark for a while.

Fishperson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attack, attacked, critter, hurt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com