Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2015, 11:44 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

African cichlids. Enough said. They can be little terrors. Ive had them nip my fingers above the water while dropping pellets. Reaching in a 60 gallon to move their territory is met with arm bites. The big ones kind of latch on and can break the skin. My buddy who tries to poke everything got his finger bloodied by a 8 inch tiger Oscar I had. He also nearly lost that finger to a monitor I had....

Old 07-18-2015, 12:45 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My trigger made a move to go after my hand yesterday. I am always worried about getting bit by him.. especially since his teeth look like this

Old 07-18-2015, 01:24 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
My trigger made a move to go after my hand yesterday. I am always worried about getting bit by him.. especially since his teeth look like this

Tonight on Fox 74; a local aquarist tragically loses finger to a murderous trigger fish. It is currently unknown when the fish developed the blood lust but locals in his neighborhood express sorrow and concern for the now rampant killer fish.
"I was sitting at home doing the dishes when I heard the screams. I knew that man kept aquariums but I had no idea he was keeping such dangerous animals."
"I mean yeah I'm sorry for his loss but I have two kids and a dog to think about. What if he escapes? Does he know what to do? If you ask me the city needs to put that killer down."
We contacted city officials but they declined to give an official statement however a low level councilwoman did tell us that "we know that people have their right to keep and enjoy their hobbies, all of them, however when they start threatening the safety and welfare of our community and its residents we must not be hesitant to act to stop more people from getting hurt."

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-18-2015, 01:34 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Lol! Funnily enough... when they grow up their teeth turn bright red. I can only assume the coloration is from the blood of their victims.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:42 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ever been attacked or hurt by your critters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Lol! Funnily enough... when they grow up their teeth turn bright red. I can only assume the coloration is from the blood of their victims.

Ha! Those teeth!
Look at that smug grin though. I'd keep my eye on him, and watch for any mysterious disappearances.....

Old 07-18-2015, 02:20 AM   #46
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bichir Bro View Post
Tonight on Fox 74; a local aquarist tragically loses finger to a murderous trigger fish. It is currently unknown when the fish developed the blood lust but locals in his neighborhood express sorrow and concern for the now rampant killer fish.
"I was sitting at home doing the dishes when I heard the screams. I knew that man kept aquariums but I had no idea he was keeping such dangerous animals."
"I mean yeah I'm sorry for his loss but I have two kids and a dog to think about. What if he escapes? Does he know what to do? If you ask me the city needs to put that killer down."
We contacted city officials but they declined to give an official statement however a low level councilwoman did tell us that "we know that people have their right to keep and enjoy their hobbies, all of them, however when they start threatening the safety and welfare of our community and its residents we must not be hesitant to act to stop more people from getting hurt."

Too right!! Should be always on a leash. And the neighbours rose shrub closest to the tank yard has been dying back.....
Old 07-18-2015, 02:24 AM   #47

Surprisingly they were all scared of my hand when I had mine.

Old 07-18-2015, 03:07 AM   #48

Ever been attacked or hurt by your critters?

It's the Gary busey fish lmao!

Old 07-18-2015, 08:41 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics View Post
African cichlids. Enough said. They can be little terrors. Ive had them nip my fingers above the water while dropping pellets. Reaching in a 60 gallon to move their territory is met with arm bites. The big ones kind of latch on and can break the skin. My buddy who tries to poke everything got his finger bloodied by a 8 inch tiger Oscar I had. He also nearly lost that finger to a monitor I had....
Same thing happens to my and then I adding a new fish and moving the rocks I am always terrified my catfish or pleco will be under one and I will get barbed again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 07-18-2015, 04:06 PM   #50
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

If I didn't know better I'd swear I had Parana's , but now I use long sleeve disposable gloves , now they ain't got a chance,

mebbid now those teeth scare me , he probably would take a big chunk OUCH

Tags
attack, attacked, critter, hurt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com