Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Ever take a big mouth full of...

fish water?

Ugh I thought my siphon was cleared out and went to start siphoning my 30g for a pwc. Took a mouthful of aquarium water then got sprayed all over my shirt. Immediately spit it into my water change bucket and ran to the bathroom to use some mouthwash.

While I was grossed out by the fact it was aquarium water, I must say it tasted almost better than tap. That fact did make me kind of proud. lol

Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Not that I would go drinking it, but it won't hurt ya. If fish are living in it, is is good water... kind of like being at the lake and getting a mouthful of water there.

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
the beneficial bacteria will do you good

actually im just making that up.
i3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion
lol, won't have to worry about ammonia in your stomach for a little bit. nitrates might go up though.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
haha I cant say I have, but kudos on such an apparently clean tank just an fyi, you can search youtube videos to see how to siphon, without having to suck on the tube first... its the only method I used because just the thought of it grosses me out :P
(you probably already knew that though, but I just recently learned... with my just recent tank, so i feel proud sharing the probably common knowledge )
GoldfishNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
just stick the whole thing under water and make sure all the air can rise out.

I may talk like i know what i am doing, but please put people up there^ and down there v before me. I am very much a noob.
tornadonick is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com