Ever wanna slap your lfs people in the back of the head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:(

I wish people didn't get fish for their (young) kids unless they themselves know fish and fish care and needs. Makes me grrr.

Me too! My mom would only let me have bettas in a one gallon tank to help me learn to do regular water changes. She would never let me have a goldfish lol. Now she's asking me for a Jack Dempsey :ROFLMAO:

:banghead:I want to slap my lfs right now because the only apistos they have are (I think) stupid hybrid steel blues...

Me too! My mom would only let me have bettas in a one gallon tank to help me learn to do regular water changes. She would never let me have a goldfish lol. Now she's asking me for a Jack Dempsey :ROFLMAO:

:)

That was good of her! :)

I'll have to look them up. I don't know too many fish species by name yet :p

Grandma, mother, and daughter are in the big box (starts with P, ends in O) store. Today's visit involved overhearing a lady that wanted a few more snails for an algae issue in daughters 5 gallon goldfish tank. Employee stated "Well you have 5 but they're just slow moving. 1 per gallon is good. It'll be another week or so before it's all gone". She responded with "Okay, it just seems like there's more than last week". His response was a simple " That's odd, but it just needs some time.

It's this point that I can no longer hold back and open my mouth. I began with a couple simples such as how long the tank has been set up, what else is in it, did you know a 5 is way too small (got first dirty look from employee) where is the tank, (he walked away) water parameters, (he and manager are approaching) and WC schedule. As she's beginning to answer, the store manager interrupts and asks why I harassing her. He gets the dirty look from me and the veins start pumping in my neck. Simple response was I'm looking for what might be missing so I could offer a suggestion that your incompetent employee is lacking. And the downward spiral begins. Manager says "I think you need to leave, sir" which turns into my retort of "Why, are you comfortable with uneducated employees giving substandard advice, and happier with numbers the store makes ? You should be thanking me because I was about to convince her to buy a 40b with more substrate, a new filter, and a bottle of stress coat and zyme".

The lady looked at the manager and to his face, "You're an idiot. I was more than willing to spend my money here and you should've let that man finish." Turned to me and said "You know somewhere else nearby ?" We all left together.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Grandma, mother, and daughter are in the big box (starts with P, ends in O) store. Today's visit involved overhearing a lady that wanted a few more snails for an algae issue in daughters 5 gallon goldfish tank. Employee stated "Well you have 5 but they're just slow moving. 1 per gallon is good. It'll be another week or so before it's all gone". She responded with "Okay, it just seems like there's more than last week". His response was a simple " That's odd, but it just needs some time.

It's this point that I can no longer hold back and open my mouth. I began with a couple simples such as how long the tank has been set up, what else is in it, did you know a 5 is way too small (got first dirty look from employee) where is the tank, (he walked away) water parameters, (he and manager are approaching) and WC schedule. As she's beginning to answer, the store manager interrupts and asks why I harassing her. He gets the dirty look from me and the veins start pumping in my neck. Simple response was I'm looking for what might be missing so I could offer a suggestion that your incompetent employee is lacking. And the downward spiral begins. Manager says "I think you need to leave, sir" which turns into my retort of "Why, are you comfortable with uneducated employees giving substandard advice, and happier with numbers the store makes ? You should be thanking me because I was about to convince her to buy a 40b with more substrate, a new filter, and a bottle of stress coat and zyme".

The lady looked at the manager and to his face, "You're an idiot. I was more than willing to spend my money here and you should've let that man finish." Turned to me and said "You know somewhere else nearby ?" We all left together.

You're a fishkeeping hero, you need some kind of award. A golden discus medal?

seriously though, that's one of the best stories of the sort that I've heard.

You're a fishkeeping hero, you need some kind of award. A golden discus medal?

seriously though, that's one of the best stories of the sort that I've heard.

Lol. I'm just trying to do my part helping out others. I wish I could make this stuff up, but when you get stereotyped for your looks, the stupid just comes out of some folks. That's when I fight back with plenty of wits and dominate with brilliance and education. I find that blows more folks away when you're 5'9", 190 lbs, hair in a ponytail longer than a lot of women and lots of ink showing.

Overhere in Holland there are also lots of lfs's with employees with a reasonable lack of knowledge. And what's worse? Even lots of owners of these lfs's don't have the proper knowledge about aquaristics.

When I enter a new lfs or I just know that they have new employees; I'm one of those who's always letting those speak before I will a join in the sales conversation myself. I won't show my knowledge in the beginning and let them do their talk. It's really fun to surprise them when they're done talking. And let them know what crap came out of them. But there are some who just don't wanna admit that they lack of knowledge and still try to convince me... Then it's just fun for a couple of minutes and after that I'm ready to slap their heads as well...

Take care, "S"

Bravo! And how embarrassing for the employee and manager, not to mention that particular store!

Lol. I'm just trying to do my part helping out others. I wish I could make this stuff up, but when you get stereotyped for your looks, the stupid just comes out of some folks. That's when I fight back with plenty of wits and dominate with brilliance and education. I find that blows more folks away when you're 5'9", 190 lbs, hair in a ponytail longer than a lot of women and lots of ink showing.

+10 awesome points, well done sir!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome job! I would have been too afraid of the customer giving me dirty looks and the manager kicking me out.

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom