Example of Overstocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JengoJengo

Aquarium Advice Activist
11151001_10152892921618087_413039545416415146_n.jpg

Uh, where do I start? First of all, he's Waaaay overstocked. He should have 20 gallons for the first head, and an another 10 for each additional head. Please don't keep Zombie heads unless you can provide them a good home!!!!! And those species of heads that he has together in those tanks are totally incompatible. This kind of thing makes me soooo mad.

:cool:

They're not even heated and filtered! I bet those tanks aren't cycled either. All of those heads will die again from ammonia poisoning. And then they'll come back and die of nitrite poisoning.

Not only is that way too many in too small of a tank, but this species is known for being especially shy, so they need lots of hiding places. Poor heads, they almost look alive. ?

They're not even heated and filtered! I bet those tanks aren't cycled either. All of those heads will die again from ammonia poisoning. And then they'll come back and die of nitrite poisoning.

Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am going to say bravo to him for going out of the box and trying something that everyone believes cant or shouldnt be done and obviously being very successful with it.

We need pioneers in the hobby like this man.

Does anyone know the temp of the tanks? How about food? Maybe beef heart?

Has he done any breeding?

I am going to say bravo to him for going out of the box and trying something that everyone believes cant or shouldnt be done and obviously being very successful with it.

We need pioneers in the hobby like this man.

Does anyone know the temp of the tanks? How about food? Maybe beef heart?

Has he done any breeding?

I guess you could say that he's aHEAD of us all.

I've read that they prefer human brains, but beef heart is a good substitute because they are difficult to get.

If you can't get human brains, you shouldn't keep this species.

Do your research before you walk into your LZS people!

If you can't get human brains, you shouldn't keep this species.

Do your research before you walk into your LZS people!

You know, i just cant for the life of me accept that human brains are a natural food for zombies. They are packaged up into a very difficult to get to spot, it would be like having one unscrew the lid to a jar.

I think liver would be a good place to start. Then likely the heart after that. The rest of the organs just dont have much bulk to offer sufficient nutrients.

You know, i just cant for the life of me accept that human brains are a natural food for zombies. They are packaged up into a very difficult to get to spot, it would be like having one unscrew the lid to a jar.

I think liver would be a good place to start. Then likely the heart after that. The rest of the organs just dont have much bulk to offer sufficient nutrients.

I have never, ever thought of that. That's an excellent point.

He better head off to the store for a heater, they prefer warmer water

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He better head off to the store for a heater, they prefer warmer water

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Wow, youre right. I did some research and apparently they prefer 98.6 degrees. Youre gonna need a powerful heater for that!

Back
Top Bottom