Eye floaters, worms! (in your own eyes) Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
You know the kind, the little translucent worms that float about in your eyes, especially when you're lying on your back looking at the sky?

Interestingly, I read that the "worm" floaters are created by chains of red blood cells that link together, and are normal. Apparently the blood supply to your retina leaks out into the vitreous humor a little bit to cause this.

Talk about microscopic vision, amazing the human eye can see blood cells so close-up.. hehe.. I guess they're right on the lens.

I have had the worm-style floaters for as long as I remember, I can look at them whenever I care to (of course it's kind of hard because they "run away" when you move your eyeball)

So anyway just a reassuring word to anyone wondering about their floaters.

PS if you see a huge, hundredfold increase in floaters all at once you're supposed to visit your eye doctor. 8)

I hate the way they run away when you try to look at them! Interesting to find out what they are... thanks Snap!

I have an image to post when I get home from work and can host it on my webserver. It creates an optical illusion around this and how the eyes works.

Floaters are caused by a few reasons, I have them it comes and goes and I hate em! I wear sunglasses alot so they are less noticeable.

Scott you might as well make friends with them, you could even name 'em. They could be like your little eye-buddies. 8)

And people thought I was talking to myself :roll:

I have lots of these! I was looking at window blinds the other day, and when I looked at the white ones, those floaters were everywhere! But you can chase them out of the center of your vision when they are bothersome by just moving your eyes back and forth or up and down. I wear sunglasses a lot too, even on cloudy days. Cloudy days can still be bright!

what i hate is when i'm driving and one passes across my feild of veiw. I sometimes hit the brakes cause for a split second, it looks as if something jumped in frt of me. LOL

snapcrackler said:
Scott you might as well make friends with them, you could even name 'em. They could be like your little eye-buddies. 8)

And people thought I was talking to myself :roll:

Warning : If you see some one talking to their floaters, be afraid. Be very, very, afraid.

LOL 8)

ReefRaff said:
Cool Avitar Joey! 0X
Thanks!

it took me about 3 months to figure out i could load it on one website and link to it cuz it was to big to load on here LOL Yours is pretty sweet too BTW

LOL I've got one really large floater in my right eye; had it for over a decade. I do the same thing as ReefRaff sometimes, when it comes into view as I'm driving. Damn thing LOL scares the hell outa me.

it took me about 3 months to figure out i could load it on one website and link to it cuz it was to big to load on here LOL Yours is pretty sweet too BTW

LOL thanks. I too had to link it back to my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom