Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2003, 11:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Eye floaters, worms! (in your own eyes) Anyone?

You know the kind, the little translucent worms that float about in your eyes, especially when you're lying on your back looking at the sky?

Interestingly, I read that the "worm" floaters are created by chains of red blood cells that link together, and are normal. Apparently the blood supply to your retina leaks out into the vitreous humor a little bit to cause this.

Talk about microscopic vision, amazing the human eye can see blood cells so close-up.. hehe.. I guess they're right on the lens.

I have had the worm-style floaters for as long as I remember, I can look at them whenever I care to (of course it's kind of hard because they "run away" when you move your eyeball)

So anyway just a reassuring word to anyone wondering about their floaters.

PS if you see a huge, hundredfold increase in floaters all at once you're supposed to visit your eye doctor. 8)

Old 11-21-2003, 11:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I hate the way they run away when you try to look at them! Interesting to find out what they are... thanks Snap!

Old 11-21-2003, 11:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
humm. I was told they were something that was left over from when your eyes were created. Interesting.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:12 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
I have an image to post when I get home from work and can host it on my webserver. It creates an optical illusion around this and how the eyes works.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:27 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Floaters are caused by a few reasons, I have them it comes and goes and I hate em! I wear sunglasses alot so they are less noticeable.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:29 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Scott you might as well make friends with them, you could even name 'em. They could be like your little eye-buddies. 8)

And people thought I was talking to myself
Old 11-21-2003, 12:03 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I hate it when they get right in the center of view.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:07 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

I have lots of these! I was looking at window blinds the other day, and when I looked at the white ones, those floaters were everywhere! But you can chase them out of the center of your vision when they are bothersome by just moving your eyes back and forth or up and down. I wear sunglasses a lot too, even on cloudy days. Cloudy days can still be bright!
Old 11-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
Here's a page full of optical illusions if anyone is interested: http://www.skytopia.com/project/illusion/illusion.html
Old 11-21-2003, 01:27 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
what i hate is when i'm driving and one passes across my feild of veiw. I sometimes hit the brakes cause for a split second, it looks as if something jumped in frt of me. LOL

Closed Thread

Tags
eye, eyes, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com