Faded colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philip0381

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a green tiger barb and his colour does not seem as vibrant as it was it is more like a faded green but he is eating and swimming. Why is he like this?[emoji20]

I have a green tiger barb and his colour does not seem as vibrant as it was it is more like a faded green but he is eating and swimming. Why is he like this?[emoji20]
Fish a lot of times change color depending on their mood or stress level. I have plecos that are always changing color and my jack dempsey who is normally a dark color gets real light and pale when he's under any stress . I'm not sure that this is the case with your barb but it could be.

Faded colors can be caused by a few different things. Most common tho is poor water quality or poor diet. Barbs do like some green in their diet so make sure you have foods ( multiple foods) with both meat and greens in them.

Hope this helps (y)

A lot of breeders enhance their stock with hormones, or feed color boosting foods. As a result, your newly purchased vibrant green tiger barb quickly fades to that plain dull Olive green. Good water conditions and quality color enhancing flake food should aid in restoring the barb.
When I kept a Tiger Barb tank, Greens, Albinos and Standards, the males were always more colorful, bright red noses. The females were somewhat duller.

Back
Top Bottom