Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2004, 05:56 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
ha, I was checking up on this post and I think the last time i checked it was only on page 3 or 4... man has the subject matter strayed =o)

Carry on...

Old 08-26-2004, 06:12 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

To me, equal rights means 50/50.. can you imagine a world where 50% of everything you can think of is geared towards homosexuality? Because that's where all this is eventually leading.. Thank goodness I won't be around to see that day.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:35 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari
To me, equal rights means 50/50.. can you imagine a world where 50% of everything you can think of is geared towards homosexuality? Because that's where all this is eventually leading.. Thank goodness I won't be around to see that day.
Amen A-man, excellent point.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:30 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarryshark
I will not respond to any more of your posts in this thread. IMO with your off the wall questions and replies, you are trying to raise this debate to a level I will not go to. I don't wish to be banned.
I guess I simply don't understand this post, then. If you're not willing to debate the subject, why did you continue to post about it? I was directly refering to something you said, concerning the children thing. But as you wish. I don't know what "level" a debate can be raised to, unless you feel to prove your point you would have to resort to personal insults.. I don't believe I've done that, point it out to me if you feel otherwise.

Sorry if you're upset not everyone agrees with you?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarryshark
OK, one more.
I married my wife....in church.
If they do this, I'm out of here to the Carribean (like I need an excuse).
If we become a country that caters this much to small groups of people, then there is no hope.
Refer back to a previous post about my other pet pieve, political correctness.
I married my wife.. Not in a church as location, but by my grandfather, a minister of over 30 years. This country was founded on the belief that all were created equal, and all deserve the same rights and representation. If we become a country where small groups of people have no recourse against the majority, ie, if we become a nation that oppresses those who are different from those in power, THEN there is no hope.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:00 PM   #136
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Now that everyone has had their say we can move on to the things that bring us to AA in the first place.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:31 PM   #137
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Now that everyone has had their say we can move on to the things that bring us to AA in the first place.
Nope, I'm getting mine now

Quote:
I am saying that the concept of marriage is based in religion.
As I remember....so is human sacrifice, your point is moot, it is no longer based in religion, please live in the here and now

Quote:
If a *EDIT* couple want to live together in a union, that is their own business. Just don't expect the rest of the country to change its laws and basic values to accommodate them.
There are certain protections by law that only married couples have, in several states, if you are not married or have a legal heir, if you die, your estate either goes to your parents, brothers and sisters or the state, despite your wishes. In a court of law, a husband or wife cannot be forced to testify against their spouse. I there is the issue of health insurance, sure both people can get individual health insurance, but at a severly higher cost than a "family" plan.

Quote:
The implications on the fabric of society and future generations are the big picture that needs to be looked at.
So let's just make it illegal and lock them up, I mean hell, even without the marriage...they'll keep doing it. I don't think preventing them from marrying is going to prevent them from kissing in public. Homosexuality is older than the bible, it's always been there and will always be there, seems like a pretty freaking good definition of normal to me, like it or not, it's as normal as a heterosexual relationship.

Quote:
It is a ****ing shame when a person is afforded less rights by society and by the law than a common criminal or even a murderer simply cause they are doing what comes natural. A homosexual can no more be heterosexual than I can be homosexual, it is not something many of us have a choice in.

This thread outlived it's usefulness before I started reading it.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com