Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fahrenheit 9/11

http://www.grassfire.org/7026/moore_introdraft.pdf

For everyone who's heard of Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11, read this draft portion of grassroots.org 's booklet Michael Moore's Misleads. I for one saw clips of the movie and was disgusted with the entire theme. The liberal media and Moore would love to have Americans believe President Busgh stole the election, is murdering Iraqis and Afghanis for no apparent reason (they either say it's for no reason or it's simply for the oil), and is outright incompetent in every way. Most of my firends care nothing of the election or politcal issues. One of my friends fully supports Farenheit 9/11. Having heard her side of the story and seen portions of the movie and read articles in the newspaper and online regarding Moore's movie, I have concluded this man is a liar, and a liberal bent on turning everyone against him. Some of his claims are just ludicrous- anyone having any knowledge of Presdident Bush's presidency can sight these alarmingly false claims at a glance.

I have this book right here in my hand. And I strongly encourage each of you who recognize this literature exposing Michael Moore's misleads to inform those you know. If you read the entire book, your shock will grow more an more as you see the almost frantic extents this man stretches towards to falsify all of President Bush's actions and motives.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think both sides twist the truth, it is what politicians and their "workforce" do best. How can you be sure that the information you are reading is 100% fact? I don't think anyone can. People can always find the "research" they need, whether they are republican, democratic, or whatever. This is why I decided to not go into politics... too much corruption from all sides.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Personally speaking, when I saw this movie it didn't really tell me anything the British media hadn't already reported.. and since I consider our media fairly accurate when it comes to foreign affairs, I came to the conclusion that Mr Moore brought some good issues out.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 08-22-2004, 07:27 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Christmasfish Send a message via Skype™ to Christmasfish
I'm not too impressed with the piece.
But I hate one sided offerings anyway.
That is why I never vote the primarys; I want to vote from the FULL range of candidates who I think will best fill the position. Not have my carded party or the other side force me to choose only from their candidates.
The best foreign reporting is usually from obscure countries that don't have a piece in the current contested world event.

Mega-pet stores prolly should not be allowed to sell animals as retail "items".
Old 08-22-2004, 11:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Why is it that everyone that I have heard bad mouth that movie never saw it?

Why is it that multiple independent sources checked the movie for facts and found them to be true and documented, yet people say its full of lies?

What makes the book your reading so factual and his movie (and books I assume) lies?

Why is it that people say liberal like its a bad thing yet a majority of the country, even those who don't realize it, are by definition liberal?

Quote:
Some of his claims are just ludicrous- anyone having any knowledge of President Bush's presidency can sight these alarmingly false claims at a glance.

I have plenty of knowledge about the presidency, and if anything is alarming it's the fact that these "claims" have credibility behind them and the "liberal media" doesn't do there job and expose what goes in with in our government, with our tax money and to our citizens!
Old 08-22-2004, 11:41 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree clamknuckle! you hit it right on the head, imo
Old 08-22-2004, 11:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I'm with you frshwaterfinatc. I wouldn't give that scumbag 1 cent of my money. He is just another liberal hitman with a pocket full of lies.
People that buy this mans crap need to go back a couple of year and remember what happened to us on 9/11. Thats why we are in the middle east.
I will check out this book, thanks!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 12:03 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

You're welcome, quarryshark!!

Quote:
Why is it that everyone that I have heard bad mouth that movie never saw it?
Clamknuckle, have you seen it?

The reason I have not and will not see it is because I don't want to give him any financial benefit whatsoever from my viewing when I have already heard about it from my good friend. (Who somehow still remains my good friend... *cough* )

Now, if you have seen it, and you have read the portion of Misleads I linked you, answer this: are the ideas and quotes from the movie incorrect? If not, again I say I have no need to view the film. If they were incorrect ideas and quotes from the film, then I would have to re-think my support of Misleads.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:36 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes I have seen the movie, and I think you should too....buy a ticket to something else and sneak in if you don't want him to get the money

Quote:
Now, if you have seen it, and you have read the portion of Misleads I linked you, answer this: are the ideas and quotes from the movie incorrect?
Unless there is more to the link (I like the red letters across the screen to make it look important and official looking by the way) then I can see there isn't any quotes, or supporting facts either. He talks about things they mention in your link, like how the army is made up of mostly young people without higher education (true) and that the ethnic background of the military doesn't reflect the national percentages (also true, they told me that when I was in the navy). He never said anything about saddam being a nice guy though, so I don't know where that came from. He talks about the liars that politicians are, both sides of the isle, and blames democrats fro crap too, not just republicans. He is also kind enough to show the relationship and business ties between "Dubya", his administration, the Saudis, The bin ladins, and how he was able to use the wars to benefit all parties involved. Billions of our tax dollars and over a thousand Americans have died in these wars, and its nice to see what people are getting out of it.

Quote:
He is just another liberal hitman with a pocket full of lies.
I hear so much about these lies and yet to have seen anything supporting that, weather it be from rush or O'Reilly or the above link.

Quote:
People that buy this mans crap need to go back a couple of year and remember what happened to us on 9/11. That's why we are in the middle east.
First of all, how many people did you know at the WTC? How many people in your family worked there or lived a few blocks away? How many friends do you have that were EMS setting up between the towers when the first one fell? Believe me I do remember and that's why it upsets me what's going on. We are in Afghanistan because of 9/11, not Iraq. We're chasing WMD's in a country that the Bush administration called contained and harmless pre-9/11. They had ZERO ties to 9/11. The only connection you can make is that troops that were searching for bin laden were transferred to Iraq. So Bush got his man, but the man who got us is still out there.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:46 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL, I just read that draft and am still laughing at it. Someone give the angry kid who wrote it a clue.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com