Fancy Crabs...What will they think of next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was in one of the lfs stores by me...one of the small, family owned ones...extremely knowledgeable about both sw and fw fish, plants, corals, etc....well, today I go in and I see a cage of hermit crabs....ok, I think, nothing out of the ordinary....then I notice that they are labeled as "fancy crabs".

I am thinking...what's so fancy about them....I start reading the lables....finding nemo...$5.99, Sponge Bob $5.99...etc...

I look closer, and their shells have been hand painted in detail! I mean, what will they think of next? I am disturbed by this and a little upset...not mad or anything (at least it's not a fw or sw crab!), but I mean, what will they or can they possibly think of next??

Hmmm...the hermits change shells as they grow. I would think, as long as they are using a non toxic paint, that it won't harm the crabs any. They have them here in the mall with all different colors of shells. They actually make pretty good pets as they don't require lots of care and live a long time.

Yeah.

Have had them here for ages, to.

Nothing special about them, Other than a smiley face or what not painted on the shell.

These buggers get HUGE to, I saw one with claws so big it looked as if it could snip a finger if it wanted.

I remember when hermit crabs were the thing to have and you could go to the mall and in one of those stands they would have the decorated shells.

Guess I have just been sheltered, lol, as I have never seen hermit crabs with painted shells...

I don't know what you are talking about Bearfan....my post clearly says....

lmw80 said:
Guess I have just been sheltered, lol, as I have never seen hermit crabs with painted shells...

:lol: :lol:

Actually, Lori edited her original post to correct the spelling error. Lori cheated, but not until after I caught her. I actually think that you caused the error, William, and will be issuing you a citation. If you don't think it's fair, take it up with the judge, my alter ego.

your alter ego is the judge? Wow....

Fancy crabs....bearfan/the judge....it's almost too much to handle

:eyes: *faints*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom