Farewell...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

millipede

Aquarium Advice Addict
not sure what else to say. I do appreciate all that the administration has done for this site and for me. They've been very tolerant, to a degree, with things I've said to them. I know I've gotten under the skin of at least a few people lately and I am sorry for any offense. I love you all. But that does not mean I can retract any statements I've made either. Truth is not subjectionable just because society says so. That way of thinking is what is killing our society. We accept one thing as ok to do and then another and another until there is nothing left for a person to believe in anymore. If something is in every way how can a person justify it and say it is right and not wrong. I've been asked to not post in "hot topics" because I have no "tolerance". I'm sorry that people are offended but what's wrong is wrong and it needs to be said sometimes. everything I've said has been shot down time and time again because no one really listens. I've been told that if no one was listening how could they argue with me... there's a difference between hearing and listening. If I walked into a bar, told a drunk guy he had a drinking problem he'd probably punch me before he really even heard what I was saying. A lot of people here have treated me in that manner. Retaliated and argued before they ever stopped to think about it. Because I can't see the color gray I'm being called closed minded yet who has been open to any of my words. I have no problem with any of you here. I do love you all. Perhaps my words don't come across in a way that shows that but this tolerance thing that everyone is preaching these days is not always a good thing. I'll still love all of you no matter what you do to yourselves or to me, but what is wrong is wrong.
I in no way am trying to get banned and I appreciate the tolerance you've given me thus far but I cannot continue on here any longer. Perhaps this is the wrong place and the wrong way to voice my concerns, but no one listens to calm rational words these days unless I say "in my opinion".
Subjectional...
What is, is.
I will miss you all.

I'm sorry you feel you need to leave. When you keep fish again, please come visit us over in the general forum. You have touched many lives here and brought calm to many threads when I was just starting. I admired that and try my best to keep a level head when dealing with fish owners and tank problems. I have not been part of political discussions (nor have I been reading them) in The Lounge since I truly come here for fun and to help people.
I hope you get the PM I am sending.

Awww please don't go!
in any debate you are going to have black and white and shades of gray... being one of those gray people I know that people can be stuck in their ways, you shouldn't let it get to you like you do.

we would all miss you if you left!

Have you ever ordered a cheeseburger from McDonalds and accidentally said 'Hold the cheese'?" -Derek

Actually my daughter would order the 2 cheese burger meal and have them hold the cheese. :roll:

millipede,

I know you may feel like you were alone or misunderstood in some discussions, but know that I in many ways share your views and I am not brave enough to go through the trouble of seriously reading through posts and thinking about it as deeply as I sometimes see you have. I am your silent supporter in the serious discussions you have with people. If this can convince you in any way, I'll become an active supporter and participate a little more in discussions, where I feel I will often be siding with you :wink:

Thomas

Please don't go. Everyone goes through hard time and I wish you to stay with us and continue to be a vital part of our community.

lmw80 said:
Please don't go. Everyone goes through hard time and I wish you to stay with us and continue to be a vital part of our community.

she is right everyone has a bad day(or week) things will turn out better just stay

Tolerance is a funny thing. It's like opinions. We all have them and they're all different. Eventually we'll have so much tolerance that it will be okay to do anything you want. You can tolerate my dog pooping in your yard (I don't really have a dog, so don't worry). You can tolerate me flinging my grocery cart in the parking lot (instead of pushing it to the cart corral) and subsequently hitting your car and scratching the paint; hey I tried to get it into the corral, show some tolerance for my bad aim). Maybe to the point of putting a cigarette out on someones forehead (pain tolerance?).

The above examples were both fictional and satiricle and in no way reflect the views of somebody, somewhere, or something.

Seriously though, every tolerance (freedom) has a price. It may be a small price, it may be a large one, but they all have a price.

Example:

action --> tolerating other people's viewpoints on an internet bulletin board even though they may be radically different from your own

possible result --> having millipede stay on this board

The fact that you got a message telling you not to post in hot topics because of your lack of tolerance scares me. I'd like to hear the other side of that story. I think it shows more character to not be tolerant than to be wishy-washy tolerant about everything. Not neccessarily good character, but character none the less.

Personally I think that tolerance is a good thing. Keeping in mind that too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

If you choose to leave, then I wish you good luck in your struggles. And if you stay, I suppose I'll still wish you good luck anyways.

deli_conker, there was signifcantly more to these communications than a simple "dont post in hot topics".

fishfreek said:
deli_conker, there was signifcantly more to these communications than a simple "dont post in hot topics".
I don't doubt that. I just like to know as many sides of the story as I can before I make any judgement call. I'm also not saying anybody was out of line, I'm just saying that it's interesting that there had to be a line drawn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom