Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

not sure what else to say. I do appreciate all that the administration has done for this site and for me. They've been very tolerant, to a degree, with things I've said to them. I know I've gotten under the skin of at least a few people lately and I am sorry for any offense. I love you all. But that does not mean I can retract any statements I've made either. Truth is not subjectionable just because society says so. That way of thinking is what is killing our society. We accept one thing as ok to do and then another and another until there is nothing left for a person to believe in anymore. If something is in every way how can a person justify it and say it is right and not wrong. I've been asked to not post in "hot topics" because I have no "tolerance". I'm sorry that people are offended but what's wrong is wrong and it needs to be said sometimes. everything I've said has been shot down time and time again because no one really listens. I've been told that if no one was listening how could they argue with me... there's a difference between hearing and listening. If I walked into a bar, told a drunk guy he had a drinking problem he'd probably punch me before he really even heard what I was saying. A lot of people here have treated me in that manner. Retaliated and argued before they ever stopped to think about it. Because I can't see the color gray I'm being called closed minded yet who has been open to any of my words. I have no problem with any of you here. I do love you all. Perhaps my words don't come across in a way that shows that but this tolerance thing that everyone is preaching these days is not always a good thing. I'll still love all of you no matter what you do to yourselves or to me, but what is wrong is wrong.
I in no way am trying to get banned and I appreciate the tolerance you've given me thus far but I cannot continue on here any longer. Perhaps this is the wrong place and the wrong way to voice my concerns, but no one listens to calm rational words these days unless I say "in my opinion".
What is, is.
I will miss you all.

Backyard Fellowship
Old 02-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
I'm sorry you feel you need to leave. When you keep fish again, please come visit us over in the general forum. You have touched many lives here and brought calm to many threads when I was just starting. I admired that and try my best to keep a level head when dealing with fish owners and tank problems. I have not been part of political discussions (nor have I been reading them) in The Lounge since I truly come here for fun and to help people.
I hope you get the PM I am sending.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Please don't go. You are an important part of this community.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 02-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Psyhampster Send a message via Yahoo to Psyhampster
I hope you stay...

If you do go, you will definitely be missed!

http://www.aquarank.com/images/users/1.gif Vote For Us!

20 gal FW
2 Flame Blue Platies, 2 Micky Mouse Platies, 2 Flame Gold Platies, 1 German Blue Ram, 2 Yo-Yo Loaches

30 gal FW

1 Marble Hatchet, 5 Silver Hatchets, 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Fancy Guppies, 1 Yo-Yo Loach
Old 02-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Awww please don't go!
in any debate you are going to have black and white and shades of gray... being one of those gray people I know that people can be stuck in their ways, you shouldn't let it get to you like you do.

we would all miss you if you left!

Old 02-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
come on why dont you stay
Old 02-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Have you ever ordered a cheeseburger from McDonalds and accidentally said 'Hold the cheese'?" -Derek

Actually my daughter would order the 2 cheese burger meal and have them hold the cheese.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 02-06-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
hahaha thats funny!!!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know you may feel like you were alone or misunderstood in some discussions, but know that I in many ways share your views and I am not brave enough to go through the trouble of seriously reading through posts and thinking about it as deeply as I sometimes see you have. I am your silent supporter in the serious discussions you have with people. If this can convince you in any way, I'll become an active supporter and participate a little more in discussions, where I feel I will often be siding with you

Old 02-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Please don't go. Everyone goes through hard time and I wish you to stay with us and continue to be a vital part of our community.

Join the Eastern PA/Greater Philadelphia Forum! Click here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=7825

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com