Favorite Corydoras Species??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatic_Adam

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tis that time again, time for everyone to state their opinions! Question at hand:

What is your favorite Corydoras Species?

This can one you kept, one you wanna keep, or anywhere in between. Let your voice be heard!

Perhaps I should start!

I love me my Dwarf Corydoras Species. I currently keep 9 Corydoras Pygmaeus and 4 Corydoras Habrosus. All the Corydoras quirks in a smaller body!

I have plans for a rimless planted tank with the last Dwarf species that I haven't kept, Hastatus.

My favorites are C. habrosus and C. aenus albino variety. I like how zippy the tiny ones are, they are endlessly entertaining. For bigger species, I really think the albinos are attractive.

absolutangel04 said:
My favorites are C. habrosus and C. aenus albino variety. I like how zippy the tiny ones are, they are endlessly entertaining. For bigger species, I really think the albinos are attractive.

Thanks for moving! I thought I was right :( haha

If I had to choose a larger species it would be Juhlii. So pretty.

I have two that are a tie: Corydoras sterbai (which I have) and Corydoras schwartzi (that I am dying to have)! But in a dark substrate tank I have to agree that Corydoras aeneus albino takes the show!

Rivercats said:
I have two that are a tie: Corydoras sterbai (which I have) and Corydoras schwartzi (that I am dying to have)! But in a dark substrate tank I have to agree that Corydoras aeneus albino takes the show!

Oh wow, just looked at Schwartzi. Beautiful fish. Another choice for large Corydoras for me would be Agasizzii. They are kinda similar to Schwartzi.

+1 for the Pygmies.
I put 4 in a chi, and we had to to take everything else out, and they started breeding like crazy.
So now I have 10+.

Zactheninja said:
+1 for the Pygmies.
I put 4 in a chi, and we had to to take everything else out, and they started breeding like crazy.
So now I have 10+.

I. Am. So. Jealous.

Off topic, but do yours swim more in the middle strata of the tank? I've read they do but mine haven't so far...

Predfan27 said:
I. Am. So. Jealous.

Off topic, but do yours swim more in the middle strata of the tank? I've read they do but mine haven't so far...

Yeah, but when you walk by they all go to the bottom at the speed of light to hide.

What else is in your tank?
Mine are completely alone with some holy rock.

I've got Agasizzii and Pandas too! Problem is with a tank this big and a virtual forest of plants I only get to see them off and on. Maybe if I put 100 in there I might actually get to enjoy them more!

Zactheninja said:
Yeah, but when you walk by they all go to the bottom at the speed of light to hide.

What else is in your tank?
Mine are completely alone with some holy rock.

Well I have a feeling they learn from my Habrosus (when in the same tank) to stay at the bottom. Currently the Pygmaeus are in a 29 with only some Rummynose. We will see what happens.

Perhaps I should start!

I love me my Dwarf Corydoras Species. I currently keep 9 Corydoras Pygmaeus and 4 Corydoras Habrosus. All the Corydoras quirks in a smaller body!

I have plans for a rimless planted tank with the last Dwarf species that I haven't kept, Hastatus.

Where did u purchase your corydoras habrosus?

Predfan27 said:
Well I have a feeling they learn from my Habrosus (when in the same tank) to stay at the bottom. Currently the Pygmaeus are in a 29 with only some Rummynose. We will see what happens.

I wish you the best of luck lol!
Every fish is different.

BalloonBellies said:
Where did u purchase your corydoras habrosus?

I got lucky, when I lived in Toledo OH, my Pet Supplies Plus got some in when they ordered Pygmaeus.

If you're looking for some, Aquabid is good place to start. I just warn everyone on there to research the seller review before buying.

Favorite Corydoras

Hello Pred...

My favorite are some Corys I got from a breeder. They're called "Orange Saddle". I'll wager not many have this strain of the species. They're a bit larger than the Pandas, but the body is a light brown and their stripes are an orange-brown. Very pretty.

B

Jullii, peppered, panda, sterbai, pygmeaus, Hasbrous, regular aneus, Swartz, agaasazi, nanus, elegans

Back
Top Bottom