Favorite freshwater schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have cardinal tetras and rummy nose tetras so far the rummy nose are my favorite they follow me while I'm in the room and swim near the top begging for food very fun fish

I have 8 harlequin rasbora. They each have there own personality. They are quick and colourful and like to play in the filter flow. They also circle like sharks when they think they are going to be fed.

They are hardy and friendly. I can't say they are my favourite because I haven't really had many schooling fish but I know they would be a great addition.

Hello Bam...

Though they aren't schooling fish, I think a relatively large tank is incomplete without Corydoras. A 55 G is perfect for any of the 100 species of this peaceful, bottom feeder. I keep several in all my larger, planted tanks.

B

I dont know if this is a schooling fish exactly but pictus catfish are very entertaining in large groups.

I have 8 harlequin rasbora. They each have there own personality. They are quick and colourful and like to play in the filter flow. They also circle like sharks when they think they are going to be fed.

They are hardy and friendly. I can't say they are my favourite because I haven't really had many schooling fish but I know they would be a great addition.

I agree, I also have a school of about 7, hard to count as they never slow down for me...

i have been thinking about the following....

7 bronze cory cats
2 bolivian rams (centerpiece fish)
7 serpae tetra
7 neon tetra
7 silver hatchets

is this cool? what would you change?:fish1:

i have been thinking about the following....

7 bronze cory cats
2 bolivian rams (centerpiece fish)
7 serpae tetra
7 neon tetra
7 silver hatchets

is this cool? what would you change?:fish1:

I would drop the hatchets and bump the tetras to 10 each and call it good

Back
Top Bottom