Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
I love the caves I made out of river rocks. I took my time and set it up how I wanted it. With my 5 gallon I felt like I was constantly messing with it to get it right! Not so with my 55. I'll add more fish and plants as time goes by, but my favorite part is the caves.
those are really neat, are they just freely sitting there or did you attach them to eachother with sillicon (or something else)

Old 03-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxkolbe
The cave system my mbuna dug out. I put some caves in there and they dig until basically all of them are interconnected in ways I didn't even intend. It's really cool what they do with what you give them!
could you take a picture of it.. sound really neat

Old 03-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreekers

those are really neat, are they just freely sitting there or did you attach them to eachother with sillicon (or something else)
They are just stacked. If I get anything that may cause them to shift I'll silicone them together.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i have to say it's the tank itself. i love my coffee table tank. it's 45 gals with a length of 57" which the fish love. the glass top lifts off for easy cleaning and it's only 12" deep so that makes it easy to take care of my plants. here's a few pictures. all the wiring for my power heads, lights and heater are hidden. there's only a single plug coming from the bottom of the tank. the down side is that because the tank is only 12" deep, i can't keep deep bodied fish like discus of angels but that's the only draw back. all the rest is good.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture32682.jpg
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture32680.jpg
these pics are a bit old. my plants have grown much larger.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchin
i have to say it's the tank itself. i love my coffee table tank. it's 45 gals with a length of 57" which the fish love. the glass top lifts off for easy cleaning and it's only 12" deep so that makes it easy to take care of my plants. here's a few pictures. all the wiring for my power heads, lights and heater are hidden. there's only a single plug coming from the bottom of the tank. the down side is that because the tank is only 12" deep, i can't keep deep bodied fish like discus of angels but that's the only draw back. all the rest is good.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture32682.jpg
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture32680.jpg
these pics are a bit old. my plants have grown much larger.
That's beautiful and so unique! My kids would break it in the first 10 minutes! They've had quite the talking to about the new 55 gallon tank and how not to break it. LOL!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well my daughter is 35 so i don't need to worry about her! however she is coming to visit from switzerland in june with my 18 month old grandson so i know we'll have to protect the fish from him. i do love this tank!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchin
well my daughter is 35 so i don't need to worry about her! however she is coming to visit from switzerland in june with my 18 month old grandson so i know we'll have to protect the fish from him. i do love this tank!
Switzerland! Wow!!

Yeah- he is going to think its an awesome tank!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com