favorite part of your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what item, inhabitant, decoration, system, ect ... is what make you thrilled about your tank? what is your favorite thing you currently have that you would consider to be your "prized possession" of your fish tank?

my favorite part is my plants :) I bought a whole different tank just so I could have a bigger foot print and grow more of them!

I have too many favorites to list one and they are constantly changing. Now that the inhabitants of my 16 gallon, corys, RCS and assassins snails, are all spawning, that's my favorite tank to watch because there's always something new to see.

A few months ago I would say my driftwood which is now my centerpiece for my tank. But now I am truly amazed at the caves I created with the various rocks I managed to get. If my fish loves swimming in them, I love it even more.

Honestly my whole tank. Seriously I love it! Took me months and months to get it just right. Wouldn't change a thing.

I love the caves I made out of river rocks. I took my time and set it up how I wanted it. With my 5 gallon I felt like I was constantly messing with it to get it right! Not so with my 55. I'll add more fish and plants as time goes by, but my favorite part is the caves. :)

The cave system my mbuna dug out. I put some caves in there and they dig until basically all of them are interconnected in ways I didn't even intend. It's really cool what they do with what you give them! :)

Convict2161 said:
Honestly my whole tank. Seriously I love it! Took me months and months to get it just right. Wouldn't change a thing.

I am jealous! I can never get mine right.. always something I want to change

Bearchumjs said:
I love the caves I made out of river rocks. I took my time and set it up how I wanted it. With my 5 gallon I felt like I was constantly messing with it to get it right! Not so with my 55. I'll add more fish and plants as time goes by, but my favorite part is the caves. :)

those are really neat, are they just freely sitting there or did you attach them to eachother with sillicon (or something else)

Maxkolbe said:
The cave system my mbuna dug out. I put some caves in there and they dig until basically all of them are interconnected in ways I didn't even intend. It's really cool what they do with what you give them! :)

could you take a picture of it.. sound really neat

rreekers said:
those are really neat, are they just freely sitting there or did you attach them to eachother with sillicon (or something else)

They are just stacked. If I get anything that may cause them to shift I'll silicone them together.

i have to say it's the tank itself. i love my coffee table tank. it's 45 gals with a length of 57" which the fish love. the glass top lifts off for easy cleaning and it's only 12" deep so that makes it easy to take care of my plants. here's a few pictures. all the wiring for my power heads, lights and heater are hidden. there's only a single plug coming from the bottom of the tank. the down side is that because the tank is only 12" deep, i can't keep deep bodied fish like discus of angels but that's the only draw back. all the rest is good.
36993-albums8518-picture32683.jpg

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/36993-albums8518-picture32682.jpg
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/36993-albums8518-picture32680.jpg
these pics are a bit old. my plants have grown much larger.

jpchin said:
i have to say it's the tank itself. i love my coffee table tank. it's 45 gals with a length of 57" which the fish love. the glass top lifts off for easy cleaning and it's only 12" deep so that makes it easy to take care of my plants. here's a few pictures. all the wiring for my power heads, lights and heater are hidden. there's only a single plug coming from the bottom of the tank. the down side is that because the tank is only 12" deep, i can't keep deep bodied fish like discus of angels but that's the only draw back. all the rest is good.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/36993-albums8518-picture32682.jpg
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/36993-albums8518-picture32680.jpg
these pics are a bit old. my plants have grown much larger.

That's beautiful and so unique! My kids would break it in the first 10 minutes! They've had quite the talking to about the new 55 gallon tank and how not to break it. LOL!

well my daughter is 35 so i don't need to worry about her! however she is coming to visit from switzerland in june with my 18 month old grandson so i know we'll have to protect the fish from him. :) i do love this tank!

jpchin said:
well my daughter is 35 so i don't need to worry about her! however she is coming to visit from switzerland in june with my 18 month old grandson so i know we'll have to protect the fish from him. :) i do love this tank!

Switzerland! Wow!!

Yeah- he is going to think its an awesome tank!

Back
Top Bottom