Feeding Plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to drop an algae wafer in. Or take a blanched zuchinni and stick it in the sand skin side down. Shed immediately start munching. That fish was a pig

stingrays4 said:
Hi i actually don't boil anything i feed my B/Ns they manage to eat it as it is?:fish2:

Same here, you can blanch the food- dip it in boiling water for a few seconds, but I just stick a cucumber or frozen green bean in and by the next day all that's left is the skin. :p

I just microwave. Plecos dont really need it as much because they can rasp on things like driftwood. I think its more for like corys

tarpon said:
I just microwave. Plecos dont really need it as much because they can rasp on things like driftwood. I think its more for like corys

I've noticed them hanging out around mine, then the plecos make a huge dust storm to shoo them off. ;)
But I agree, if the plecos can munch on wood then little veggie matter is nothin. :)

So I'm alittle new at this... Why do plecos need driftwood?? And mine is very aggressive over his wafer. I have to put two in so the snails get some!! And he is a juvenile!!

hcourts said:
So I'm alittle new at this... Why do plecos need driftwood?? And mine is very aggressive over his wafer. I have to put two in so the snails get some!! And he is a juvenile!!

What kind of pleco do you have?

Yah thats how they are. Theyll hog all the food on the bottom while other bottom feeders barely get by

not really sure:( like i said i am new he is striped with a few spots..and little horn things on his nose?? he is smaller then my betta and chases him off bc my betta is nosy and likes to pick at everything I put in the tank. i put some driftwood in the 20g that should be done cycling so hopefully that will help when i switch them to that tank...

Back
Top Bottom