Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2005, 05:49 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

some great "easy" foods that haven't been mentioned....and some additions to those that have....

Almonds (great for you; yummy snack)
Mix granola in with your yogurt...adds crunch!
Quaker instant oatmeal is super easy (I cook mine in microwave) and it's good for you
Mix carbonated water with your favorite juice (orange, cranberry, etc.)
One of my favorites....buy a pack of portabella mushroom caps....put em in a frying pan with a little olive oil...cook on high heat approx. 5 minutes each side or until browned...YUM (these guys are filling)...you can top with tomato/cheese slices and fresh spinach leaves for that "burger" feel

1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 09-16-2005, 05:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

A healthier eat-out options for a college student budget is Subway. (it's healthier than fast food)

1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 09-16-2005, 05:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

if you have access to a freezer...you can buy bags of frozen veggies and cook em for supper...
1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 09-16-2005, 06:13 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
don't feel bad! This whole last week, I only went to one days worth of classes because ive been so sick

Avoid anything greasy, try to eat bready things (whole wheat would be even better), and make sure to get enough vitamins. Also, drink plenty of water! If you are getting to a point you are throwing up, you are losing tons of water and you could get sick from dehydration.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:27 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, that's what i ended up with at the hopital, They told me i was really dehydrated. Thanks smallfry, what do you mean meal plan? Like food at my college? I avoid thier food at all costs. Evereything there is so greay like cheease fries and stuff. I try to eat subway whenever possible, That doesn't make me sick and it does taste good. I should try the yogurt thign with granola. It sounds good . Thanks lyquidphyre. Why were you sick? What was wrong?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:39 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Andos99
Do you live in a dorm?
Old 09-17-2005, 03:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nope.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey17
Thanks lyquidphyre. Why were you sick? What was wrong?
Not sure.. ive just had a horrible cough and have felt crummy all week. It's like, if I wasn't doing much I wouldn't feel so bad. But it was when I was out and about, being active, that it got worse and really.. just blah.

I don't blame you about not wanting to eat college food. However, if you are on campus there might be a general store that sells decent food. In the Union at my college they sell subs, wraps, salads, smoothies, sandwhiches...

Old 09-18-2005, 02:28 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Some virus is going around. My brother had it, James has it (has had it for over a week now), and several of our clients come in with it. Uck. Be careful not to come in contact with sick people.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 09-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

wash your hands whenever you can or carry that gel stuff that kills germs. this is good *especially* if you are living on campus. I remember my first year (omg! I can't believe it has been three years since I started!!!), and I got something nasty from the food on campus coupled with the change in lifestyle. Just make sure you eat healthy, drink water and orange juice, eat a good breakfast (I like Life cereal) every day if you can. A lot of the advice that has been given is stuff I ignored and I'm sure I've suffered from neglecting myself.

Something else to do, get out and exercise. The weather is probably going to stay nice for a little while longer (depending on where you are) and getting outside is the best thing you can do, imo. It gets you away from large quantities of germs and allows you to breathe clean air and get nasty germs out of your lungs. Plus, exercising will help you overall (prevent the freshman 15, for some people it is more like 20-30). You don't need to go run three miles, but just walking can be good for you. HTH!!

Tags
eel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com