Few Questions about my new tropical tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeowen141x

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey fellow fish keepers :fish2:

Just wanted to ask a few questions about my new setup really, ill leave them down below

Thanks in advance for the help !!!

• My heater seems to be heating the water up but the light stays on all the time i have never seen it turn off, sometimes my water feels cold but my thermometer says its 24-25C ?

• My water is still cloudy i have used aquasafe to purify the water, it has started to clear up after 2 days but im worried it still isn't decent enough for fish yet i used cold tap water but i also used warm water too does that matter ? ?

Just a disclaimer i have kept fish before as my father had a marine tank since i was little so i know more than the basics but i just want to know am i just being paranoid with all of this?

I want to get my water crystal clear and ready for my new little fishy friends to join my pet kindom

Once again :thanks: All !!

What brand is your heater, how many watts, and what size is the tank? Some heaters have indicator lights that shut off when water reaches temp, some have lights that stay on when power is running to the heater, some have no lights at all. Read your instruction pamphlet or go to company website to find out about the light. If it's supposed to go out when temp is reached, I would guess that you either have a defective heater, or it's too small for the tank.
Cloudy water can be caused by too many issues to list, but I have a couple questions that may help someone answer your cloudy water question: How long has the tank been cycling? Did you thoroughly rinse the substrate, decor, etc. before putting it in the tank? Does the tank have a lid or cover? You may also want to try filling a clear jar or container with tap water and letting it sit a couple days to see if it's cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom