Filters and noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I CAN'T be the ONLY one... BUT.... How come the filter can be silent and all good. You do a water change and have to power everything down BUT when you power it back up its loud!!!! What's the deal...

Sorry, back pain and late night rant.

I CAN'T be the ONLY one... BUT.... How come the filter can be silent and all good. You do a water change and have to power everything down BUT when you power it back up its loud!!!! What's the deal...

Immediately I think air bubbles making their way through the filter. Could also be a good time for small maintenance. My fluval has a broken impeller shaft and it makes incessant ticking noises. Sometimes it's silent, other times I want to throw it out the window! Just recently bought a new impeller, shaft, and cover for around $24. Maybe take a peak around who knows.

My topfin power filter 30 makes noise when I turn it on, but as soon as it gets filled with water, and the water starts to drop, it's silent

Of I clean it and but Vaseline on the impeller it's silent ssshhh.... lol

Oh you got a HOB, not a fan lol. IME they all eventually get the rattles. They are just cheaply constructed IMO but you may feel differently

Oh you got a HOB, not a fan lol. IME they all eventually get the rattles. They are just cheaply constructed IMO but you may feel differently

Yeah I love my HOB's lol. Even run 2 on my 75 gallon overstocked African mixed cichlid tank and the water is like glass!!

img_2467178_0_8e74b6dae9600cff563e7ba5ab112a57.jpg

img_2467178_1_f949621bbf2420b1299d2b062a87799a.jpg

:)

Off topic but I HAVE to say thats a beautiful.tank convict! I have an empty 150 (still trying to decide what to use it for)& can only hope mine looks that good!

Yeah I love my HOB's lol. Even run 2 on my 75 gallon overstocked African mixed cichlid tank and the water is like glass!!

:)

I think it's just more of me not wanting to spend money on the more ideal and expensive ones since I've had a crappy experience with the low end 5-10 gallon models. But I think that was primarily due to having turtle in which a HOB is as good as no filter lll

Oh come on convict! You of all people should remember Murphy's law!:facepalm:

Two words: Vicoden, Ambien. After 9 knee surgeries they're my two best friends, a noisy filter is simply no match.

Two words: Vicoden, Ambien. After 9 knee surgeries they're my two best friends, a noisy filter is simply no match.

Ahh... lol. You got me beat! 2 on the left, 1 on the right, left shoulder and 2 ear operation (mastoid)

But I'll give that a try thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom