Finally got my fish room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
After shoving tanks in and on every available space of our last house and quickly running out of room, we have finally moved into a larger house with a spare room. Of course I claimed it as my fish room. ;) At the moment it has 6 out of 10 of my tanks. I'm putting my goldfish and African tanks in the lounge and my 10g (on the floor for now) in the kitchen but all others will be in this room. I'm excited to not have to drag hoses and buckets to all corners of the house. Hubby even said he might put a drain in the floor so I wouldn't have to drain water out the back door the next room over. :)

image-2792821086.jpg

image-678975615.jpg

image-2862552492.jpg

It's still a work in progress and I can't say it will ever be fully organized. Lol I've got a big child proof gate put up so a don't have to lock everything up.

Mumma.of.two said:
After shoving tanks in and on every available space of our last house and quickly running out of room, we have finally moved into a larger house with a spare room. Of course I claimed it as my fish room. ;) At the moment it has 6 out of 10 of my tanks. I'm putting my goldfish and African tanks in the lounge and my 10g (on the floor for now) in the kitchen but all others will be in this room. I'm excited to not have to drag hoses and buckets to all corners of the house. Hubby even said he might put a drain in the floor so I wouldn't have to drain water out the back door the next room over. :)

It's still a work in progress and I can't say it will ever be fully organized. Lol I've got a big child proof gate put up so a don't have to lock everything up.

Congrats! And +1 on the baby gate. I had to get a 8' gate to stretch across my tank so I don't end up fishing sandwiches out of my tank ;)

Woot! Congrats! I see room for more tanks though. A fish room isn't official until no more tanks can be placed into the room. ;)

Hey its good to hear from ya mumma
I'm with HN1 I still see more room lol room to grow that is. Plus don't forget about safety when moving and setting up all those tanks. Might want to take a quick look at this

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/aquarium-safety-aquarist/

Because having a electric strip laying on the ground without a drip loop is not such a good idea. I know I know don't do what you do do as you say ;)

Come to think of it.... are those GFCI outlets? I'm with Andrew... safety first.

Andrew McFadden said:
I'm with HN1 I still see more room lol room to grow that is. Plus don't forget about safety when moving and setting up all those tanks. Might want to take a quick look at this

Because having a electric strip laying on the ground without a drip loop is not such a good idea. I know I know don't do what you do do as you say ;)

Um... Mumma WROTE that article.

The fish room is looking good, I'm definitely jealous!

christine2012 said:
Congrats! And +1 on the baby gate. I had to get a 8' gate to stretch across my tank so I don't end up fishing sandwiches out of my tank ;)

Thanks! Thank goodness I don't get food in the tanks just fingers and toys.

HN1 said:
Woot! Congrats! I see room for more tanks though. A fish room isn't official until no more tanks can be placed into the room. ;)

Thanks! Don't tell hubby that! I'm not allowed any more (for now;) hehehe).

Andrew McFadden said:

Cheeky cheeky!! Looks like I've been caught out. :hide: I was in a rush, kids distracted me, the kettle boiled, the dog ate my home work..... Wait I don't have a dog ;)

HN1 said:
Come to think of it.... are those GFCI outlets? I'm with Andrew... safety first.

:p

Scott F said:
Now if you can just build custom racks to hold two to three tanks high you could really go to town !

I wish! I'm already afraid the wooden floors won't take all the weight.

SushiLuckyFin said:

:)

Alyxx said:
Um... Mumma WROTE that article.

The fish room is looking good, I'm definitely jealous!

Thanks! He knows. Just taking the Micky outta me ;)

[QUOTE="Mumma.of.two
Cheeky cheeky!! Looks like I've been caught out. :hide: I was in a rush, kids distracted me, the kettle boiled, the dog ate my home work..... Wait I don't have a dog

Thanks! He knows. Just taking the Micky outta me ;)[/QUOTE]

;) and a really big :) lol

Congrats! I bet it feels good to get them all back up and running in your new home! I absolutely hate moving. I won't be going anywhere for another 29 years though. LOL ;)

I'd get an engineer in there to see how to brace the floors and go crazy! ;)

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks! Thank goodness I don't get food in the tanks just fingers and toys.

Thanks! Don't tell hubby that! I'm not allowed any more (for now;) hehehe).

Cheeky cheeky!! Looks like I've been caught out. :hide: I was in a rush, kids distracted me, the kettle boiled, the dog ate my home work..... Wait I don't have a dog ;)

:p

I wish! I'm already afraid the wooden floors won't take all the weight.

:)

Thanks! He knows. Just taking the Micky outta me

As far as weight goes just think of it this way if you had a party and had 20 or 30 people over would your buckle and collapse from that weight? I doubt it

But they wouldn't all be standing on each others shoulders. ;-)

Bathrooms sometimes need extra bracing for a bigger than usual bath. With something like this, as they say, better to be safe than sorry.

But floor to ceiling tanks would be awesome!

Reactions: HN1
Meegosh - it is good to have them (almost) all set back up. :) Still waiting on a truck to borrow to move the African tank. Haven't been to the old house in a few days so I hope the tank hasn't crashed or something stupid. I am definitely not planning on moving again any time soon! Hubby might think I've gone mad if I get an engineer out to look at the floors. Lol.

Samzter - thanks :)

Greenphantom - its not a real fear at the moment and I did think of that but I've found out that the floor in that room and the one next to it isn't floor board but the old decking. They built the extension over the deck and used the same floor......

SushiLuckyFin - That would be awesome. I'd love to have a tank in a wall in this house. Hubby said maybe in the next one and my response was that I don't know about him but I'm not moving again for a VERY long time so we might as well do it!

Back
Top Bottom