Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-29-2005, 01:08 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

fire evac?

So the Chatsworth Fire in Los Angeles is just about to breach my canyon walls. I have 3 large tanks of fish and cant put them all into one container in my truck, discus and large jack dempseys. worst of all, I have one of my fists batch of fertile discus eggs going right now and dont want to move them.

I dont know if I should take the fish????

prey for the fire fightors...

im packing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jalama_077.jpg (167.4 KB, 34 views)

Old 09-29-2005, 01:14 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
That is a tough one, I honestly can't give you a definitive answer. My instinct would be to take the fish if at all possible, as they are your pets. Having never been in that situation I can only offer my sympathies and hope that all turns out well for you. Good luck.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 09-29-2005, 02:24 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Aquakev, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I would also try to take the fish if at all possible. Take whichever group of fish needs your attention the most. The discus will spawn again if these eggs don't hatch. But first and foremost, do what you need to do to keep yourself and your family safe.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:28 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's a tough choice. Of course, your safety is the first priority. Another consideration is whether you have the resources to adequately care for the fish you take with you.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
Old 09-29-2005, 06:51 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Exactly as fishyrican says. I would have to leave my discus and hope for the best. Here's hoping your home will be spared.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:20 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

im still here. it seems as thought the fire is moving laterally past the property. I hiked with my pitt, 2 miles up to the fire line and saw the damages. they are doing mandatory evacs west of me, the areas north and east have already been burned north is still burning, but not as bad. i am familiar with the terrain and i and other residents that have been here a while have decided to stick out the night despite the voluntary evac. I live in a very rural area, which I think they are protecting because there is a high pressure gas pipeline running through my canyon, not that close to structures though. anyway, the house prices around here are way expensive and the city expects this as there is brush everywhere. despite what many people think about the emergency services after the hurricanes. I have compelete faith in them.

I know at least one fire fighter was hurt today! just keep these people in your thoughts. they are out in the wilderness in the middle of the night fighting something much bigger than they are.

Im pretty sure my canyon will be sparred, but I will not be going to sleep and will stay home until at least noon tomorrow just to be sure.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:38 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Please keep us updated as conditions permit. Wish you the best and our prayers are with you.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
Old 09-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

were leaving now, their making us even thogh the fire is still far they are doing thisw because the moringin winds could shift. no fish are comming with me. I am confident they will be there when i get back.

Later
Old 09-29-2005, 10:56 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Good luck to you.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:24 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

OMG I hope everything works out for you, your family, and your fish!

Tags
fire

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com