fire evac?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquakev

Aquarium Advice Freak
So the Chatsworth Fire in Los Angeles is just about to breach my canyon walls. I have 3 large tanks of fish and cant put them all into one container in my truck, discus and large jack dempseys. worst of all, I have one of my fists batch of fertile discus eggs going right now and dont want to move them.

I dont know if I should take the fish????

prey for the fire fightors...

im packing

Attachments

• jalama_077.jpg
    jalama_077.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 40
That is a tough one, I honestly can't give you a definitive answer. My instinct would be to take the fish if at all possible, as they are your pets. Having never been in that situation I can only offer my sympathies and hope that all turns out well for you. Good luck.

Aquakev, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I would also try to take the fish if at all possible. Take whichever group of fish needs your attention the most. The discus will spawn again if these eggs don't hatch. But first and foremost, do what you need to do to keep yourself and your family safe.

That's a tough choice. Of course, your safety is the first priority. Another consideration is whether you have the resources to adequately care for the fish you take with you.

Exactly as fishyrican says. I would have to leave my discus and hope for the best. Here's hoping your home will be spared.

im still here. it seems as thought the fire is moving laterally past the property. I hiked with my pitt, 2 miles up to the fire line and saw the damages. they are doing mandatory evacs west of me, the areas north and east have already been burned north is still burning, but not as bad. i am familiar with the terrain and i and other residents that have been here a while have decided to stick out the night despite the voluntary evac. I live in a very rural area, which I think they are protecting because there is a high pressure gas pipeline running through my canyon, not that close to structures though. anyway, the house prices around here are way expensive and the city expects this as there is brush everywhere. despite what many people think about the emergency services after the hurricanes. I have compelete faith in them.

I know at least one fire fighter was hurt today! just keep these people in your thoughts. they are out in the wilderness in the middle of the night fighting something much bigger than they are.

Im pretty sure my canyon will be sparred, but I will not be going to sleep and will stay home until at least noon tomorrow just to be sure.

were leaving now, their making us even thogh the fire is still far they are doing thisw because the moringin winds could shift. no fish are comming with me. I am confident they will be there when i get back.

Later

Ick! I can't imagine evacuating your home like so many people in various areas seem to have to do regularly. That's insane. Anyway, I hope that area isn't hit too much harder and that there are no more injuries.

everyone is safe, we are back in our homes now. all my fish are ok. and something good did come of this, i guess. I camped in my parents back yard and found a nice fish store, and they had a really nice red melon discus for pretty cheap, so I picked it up.

The fire took my whole canyon! its not that pretty to look outside right now.

I will post some pretty cool pictures of the fire out my front door tomorrow

Well now you don't have to make that hard decision. The only one left now is when to buy another tank ^^ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom