First aquarium, good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The first aquarium I had was a 29 gallon, didn't start out good, it was a nightmare! Didn't know how to fishless cycle and added a betta, bad mistake on my part and bad advice when I did join a forum! I was told a lot of things and none of it was good. But being a hard headed bohemian I made it and learned a lot of things and still learning, thanks to this site!! I wonder how many people just give up because of bad advice. Thanks AA for your help!! I may not add a lot of info but I learn something new every day!! And that is priceless!!!

I wonder how many people just give up because of bad advice. Thanks AA for your help!! I may not add a lot of info but I learn something new every day!! And that is priceless!!!

Way to many unfortunately ... IMO ... especially when they just listen to those LFS's that are not helpful.

Glad AA was able to help ... it's helped me heaven knows.(y)

It's not just the LFS, to many web sites that say this fish will be ok in a ten gallon when they (fish) need a 20 gallon. I have seen many web sites stating a gold fish will be fine in a ten gallon or a tang in in a 55 gallon. Wrong!! It would be like keeping a big dog in a little a room, won't work for long!!

Back
Top Bottom