Fish are food, not friends?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a fact. Man feeds from the animal kingdom.
Ornamental fish are usually not eaten. Except Gouramis. In the home countries also feed fish. Des pig end of the sausage is beginning.

Discus and angelfish are both eaten in amazon regions. In Taiwan there's a specialty made with live loaches poured into a boiling soup. You wouldn't believe how many aquarium fish are food fish too.

Discus and angelfish are both eaten in amazon regions. In Taiwan there's a specialty made with live loaches poured into a boiling soup. You wouldn't believe how many aquarium fish are food fish too.

I also heard Oscars are good eating fish

I make my livin' by other people fishin' :brows::lol: I make fishing lures for saltwater but my own for freshwater. ( Please don't ask to buy, I don't sell direct to the public. :nono:) I've fished every state on the east coast from Maine to Florida as well as Texas, Oregon, California, Alaska, Bahamas, Mexico, and Belize. I fish more for sport than for food but when you have noting else to eat, freshly caught fish is manna from heaven. :D
What most people don't realize about fishing is that the best fishing places anywhere are those where no one else is or has been. You see the beauty of the landscape of the world because it has been untouched by the human hand. I'll take a mosquito filled woods to a concrete jungle any day of the week. (y)

Fishing is something special. The calm in nature. A sample, patient.
But sometimes exciting. Evenings by moonlight on river.
It looks as if the tip of the rood mooved, but it is only the waves.
The nerves go haywire.
Suddenly the eel hit on. The move started. Brakes and back. Again and again.
Then in the Net. It meanders. Only to keep up with floorcloth.

I fish occasionally up here in Michigan. It's for recreation more than for food. I release everything I catch.

I've been drooling over the idea of a native michigan tank for quite a while now though :D

It's hard to throw fish like this back
centrallongearsunfish.jpg
Those sunfish hybrids or Green sunfish are very cool looking caught a bunch down here in Missouri they are more than plentiful. The picture almost does justice to bright greenish color.
From the Missouri DNR Dept of Natural resources "Centrarchidae (sunfishes) in the order Perciformes (perchlike fishes) sometimes called Black Perch"

Lol that's exactly how I feel. I would definitely take a mosquito filled woods over a concrete jungle but only for about 12 hours then I'll get homesick and want a burrito from chipotle. ?
YOu could always take one with you and warm it up by the campfire. ;) :lol:
Fishing is something special. The calm in nature. A sample, patient.
But sometimes exciting. Evenings by moonlight on river.
Absolutely. I've spent many a night by the moonlight fishing. Just hearing the nighttime sounds makes even a tri with no fish worth every second of being there. (y)

I also heard Oscars are good eating fish
And Oscars fight better than Largemouth Bass as well. Nice white meat fish. ( But I could never eat them. I've bred too many of them so it would be like eating my dog.:eek: :lol: ) There are a ton of "aquarium" fish that are commonplace tablefare. We fished for then ate Pacu when I was in Brazil. Large clown loaches were ( don't know if they still are) considered food fish so they were not allowed to be exported from the Far East years ago. Arapaima, Piranha, many types of catfish, all are eaten in S. America. Just watch any program that goes to an Amazon fish market and you'll see a lot of fish in your tank offered for sale to eat. And that's just the freshwater, the list for saltwater aquarium fish that are commonly eaten is even larger. :eek:

I absolutely love fishing! I'm a "fishaterian" though! I mostly fish for bass! I use top water lures! I also like catching crappie, catfish, bream, and alligator gar!! I have a huge lake close to my house I fish in and close to a dam sight! So there is alot of water by my house! You have to watch in the summer went out in the boat and copper head snakes were swimming all over the place! One actually bit my bobber!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1455690122303.jpg
    1455690122303.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 82
YOu could always take one with you and warm it up by the campfire. ;) :lol:

Absolutely. I've spent many a night by the moonlight fishing. Just hearing the nighttime sounds makes even a tri with no fish worth every second of being there. (y)

And Oscars fight better than Largemouth Bass as well. Nice white meat fish. ( But I could never eat them. I've bred too many of them so it would be like eating my dog.:eek: :lol: ) There are a ton of "aquarium" fish that are commonplace tablefare. We fished for then ate Pacu when I was in Brazil. Large clown loaches were ( don't know if they still are) considered food fish so they were not allowed to be exported from the Far East years ago. Arapaima, Piranha, many types of catfish, all are eaten in S. America. Just watch any program that goes to an Amazon fish market and you'll see a lot of fish in your tank offered for sale to eat. And that's just the freshwater, the list for saltwater aquarium fish that are commonly eaten is even larger. :eek:

In our club, the ancients have told. After the war in '48 fish market was in a ruined factory building.
Someone had bred many Buenos Aires Tetra. Hand Great. When they could not be sold, they were vinegar inserted and with a bun sold for 50 pennies. The people were hungry. The fish were eaten..

I make my livin' by other people fishin' :brows:[emoji38] I make fishing lures for saltwater but my own for freshwater. ( Please don't ask to buy, I don't sell direct to the public. :nono:) I've fished every state on the east coast from Maine to Florida as well as Texas, Oregon, California, Alaska, Bahamas, Mexico, and Belize. I fish more for sport than for food but when you have noting else to eat, freshly caught fish is manna from heaven. :D
What most people don't realize about fishing is that the best fishing places anywhere are those where no one else is or has been. You see the beauty of the landscape of the world because it has been untouched by the human hand. I'll take a mosquito filled woods to a concrete jungle any day of the week. (y)
Pics or it didnt happen. We need to see some of these lures that you make.

Do you have a website? Or a store in particular? I live in west central Florida

To answer your questions in order: No, No, Not sure if any in your area.
But please, my time here is for my fish hobby and not my other businesses. I want to talk fish here NOT fishing. Hope you understand. (y)

Back
Top Bottom