Fish are smart.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
People seem to think fish have a 3 second memory. Really? If fish are that 'dumb' how did they survive for as long as they have? My fish know when it's feeding time. I get home from work at 3 in the afternoon. When I open the lid, my fish are tuning to the surface and very excited. Who agrees with me on this?

Also, certain fish are only comfortable with their owners and not strangers. So that kind of proves who they know who they can trust.

Depends on how you justify what is smart. It's a stimulated reaction based on the reward system (they get fed). All fish, ocean too, will congregate at structured times if there is a repetitive feeding "event."

I know mone know when it's feeding time. My tank is right next to my computer desk where I sit to work on my side business and about 5pm when I normally feed them they gather at the front/center of the tank and wait till I get up and put food in. It's a pretty funny site to see.

My tank is in the hallway area which is by the front door. When I walk in I can see them kinda doin their own thing or in the back of the tank. The minute I approach the tank they all come right up to the glass lol.

Back
Top Bottom