Fish dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meBNme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Another thread made me start thinking...

Once I got rid of the fire dept and all the smoke cleared, I decided to start this thread.

What fish/aquarium related dreams have you had?
Nightmares, weird dreams, cool dreams, etc. Tell us all about em!

I'll start with my fav two.

One is reoccurring. Its where all of the fish in my tank get out, but can somehow swim around in the air just like in the water.

I remember one, I was sitting in my recliner, watching a show, and something blurs my vision.
Its one of my dang fish, "swimming" through the air, within a few feet of my head. I look over to the tank, and lo-an-behold, there are 5 or 6 already out and swimming around the room. I see a few more swim out of the tank, with still a few more deciding they like the tank just fine and want to stay, or are just to dumb to figure out they are free.

I remember thinking, "how on earth am I going to catch them to get em back in the tank? For that matter, how the heck am I going to KEEP them there?"
In the dream I picture myself tying to figure out a plan for how I can enter my house without letting the fish swim loose right out the front door.

weird.

My other fish dream..

I simply dream that I can breath under water.

Once I dreamt I was drowning, then finally decided to just take that last breath, because I was done, it was over.
I remember the cool water filling my lungs and flooding every airsack, only instead of choking, it felt really amazing. I remember being astonished at how awesome the cool water felt in my lungs. I then usually proceed to walk around on the ocean or lake floor (it varies LOL) almost like a moon scape in weightlessness, exploring all the awesome underwater sights.

What starts out like a nightmare, becomes one of the most awesome dreams I have.

But, then again, Ive also many times dreamed of falling from great heights, I NEVER wake up before hitting the ground. I just bounce, or do a roll, or land really hard and then get up and walk around, then I wake up.

I don't think I have ever had a dream about fish.....just the joker throwing sharp cucumbers at me while he is on a slide.....LOL. (From batman)

I saw a very beautiful fish in my dreams. It was shiny silvery or golden in colour. Then I saw that someone had started to dissect it and I was also enforced to do the same. When I cut it open, there was nothing spiteful but there were many layers of yellow and white coloured muscles inside that fish. I really got disillusioned after I came out from the dream. After knowing that it was a dream I got unperturbed.

i have fish dreams all the time.
1) mum takes me 400 miles to find where my bro went to summer camp, stopping off at 4 diff fish shops on the way there and back. funnily enough, the tiny manitees were only actually models and the upside down plecos did not eat the black skirt tetras - it was the bala sharks.
2) went dancing with a guy i really liked at the time, he took me to a basement and shows me his 1000gal aquarium with massive blue peacocks, an octopus and some dolphins. then we went upstairs and helped a german shepherd give birth before going on stage to act as trees.
3) i go swimming, i see two of my fish at the bottom getting chased by small kids. i go down to help the fish, but i choke a bit and breathe. i realize i can breathe in the water... i actually felt it, the water going in my mouth then seeping from my neck, a cold and strange rushing motion. very vivid. i swim with them but the news reporters are trying to cage me. wake up.

im very wierd and have v frequent fish dreams, those were my most remembered ones :)

I had a dream last night that I had a monster three-foot pleco in a 30 gallon tank. It killed all of my other fish (for some reason I had a crapton of hippo tangs in there... o_O) and then proceeded to crawl out of the tank, flop on the floor and CHASE ME.

Back
Top Bottom