Fish in gift bags...BAD >:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gfishguy56 said:
I say we should all vote on a new national or international holiday - "beat an idiot with a hammer" day.

Oh can we pleaseeeeeeeee!!!! lol Finally a holiday I could enjoy.

We had a very similar experience that still irritates me to this day. My eight year old daughter came home one day carrying a goldfish in a two litre bottle.. The top had been cut off and turned upside down inside the bottle to serve as a lid - my child walked two blocks from the school to our house carrying this poor fish.

I had absolutely no idea she was bringing home a fish, and didn't have a clue what to do with the thing. So that night I ended up running to Wal-Mart and plunking down a small fortune on a 10 gallon tank, decorations, gravel, filter and such. The poor thing ended up dying before the end of the week and we were out quite a bit of money.

We made good use of it in the end though - we're quite into fish now but I still can't believe that whole deal with the school. Her teacher sent every kid home with a fish that day, goldfish and mollys.. He said that those who's fish were still living by the end of the year would be invited to a pizza party. Believe me, there aren't many, if any at all left. The stories I've heard about the fate of other kids fish would disgust you. One little girl had left her's sitting on the stair landing at her home and acidentally knocked it over while coming down the stairs, on top of that she ended up stepping on the fish! 8O

Next parent/teacher conference I am definately going to bring that up.

Oh heck, I'd call the principal immediately. This isn't just inappropriate, this is blatant disregard for life of any sort; administration needs to know.

So..in other words, all the children whose fish died would not be invited to a pizza party.

What kind of sick sadist is this teacher and how did he get a job around children? This guy sounds like he's a few cards short of a full deck. I'd speak with the principal before he starts handing out bunnies.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah exactly, no pizza party for the kids with dead fish.

I am guessing he was trying to teach them responsibility but sheesh - I do believe he could have picked a better method.

He has a chinchilla in his classroom too that he said he might send home with one of the students at the end of the year. Told my daughter absolutely not - so don't even bother asking for it.

I agree, definitely bring this up with the school administrators. Soooo inappropriate! What kind of lessons is he teaching the children, that animals are disposable creatures whose lives have no value?!?! ARGH! :evil:

My daughter's preschool classroom has two pets, a snake and a hamster, and they are taught to respect them and care for them. The teacher does an excellent job showing the kids how to care for the animals, learn about them, and enjoy the experience. It is an important thing to know this early in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom