Fish logbooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm also looking into software made for aquarium maintenance, instead of spreadsheet. I've found a few out there but am still looking them over.

Buffy said:
I'm also looking into software made for aquarium maintenance, instead of spreadsheet. I've found a few out there but am still looking them over.

By software, what features are you looking for? Reminders? Calculations?

By software, what features are you looking for? Reminders? Calculations?

If you go to my build thread, you'll see the four (LOL four not one) that I've narrowed it down to.

I'm basically looking at a "full blown" application, not just to keep track of parameters but other stuff like charts, graphs, costs, info on stock, reminders, multiple tanks. You know just your "basic full blown" lol

mr.waffles1842 said:
Hello everyone. Does anyone keep a fish logbook, or record sheet? I do! i put in stuff like weekly pH,nitrates,nitrites, ammonia, hardness, etc. I also put in little stories about my fish... what? dont laugh at me! so i give them imaginary personalitys, so what!!!

Anyway, its also useful to put down dates of when you got new fish, or decorations, etc. And any unusual behavior. Yay logbooks!

ThAt is a genius idea

Does anyone have a copy of a spreadsheet chart that I can use to keep track of my SW and FW levels?

Hello everyone. Does anyone keep a fish logbook, or record sheet? I do! i put in stuff like weekly pH,nitrates,nitrites, ammonia, hardness, etc. I also put in little stories about my fish... what? dont laugh at me! so i give them imaginary personalitys, so what!!!

Anyway, its also useful to put down dates of when you got new fish, or decorations, etc. And any unusual behavior. Yay logbooks!

Oh yes! I have 5 full notebooks so far and it's only been 5-6 months since I started keeping fish! My 14 year old writes stories about the fish. Some really good ones ;)

I tape my reciepts in the books too...and note everything that happens from adding new fish, to the process I've taken doing something such as starting a new tank. I log this stuff as a reference to look at back if need be.

I also have an excellent notebook that I drew sketches of my tank plan ideas, logged plants I liked and what their needs are as well as a notebook deidicated to fish species, their needs and habits such as eating style and prefered location in the tank.

Yeah sure the internet has it all but I just enjoy creating my own research books ;) It's tons of fun!!!

I thought I was the only one to create an excel spreadsheet to keep records about my tank. I guess I'm not as abnormal as I thought I was. Lol Now I have to show this thread to my wife as proof I'm not the only one who does this as she says.

LOLOLOL! Me too! My husband thinks I'm insane and like you I can't wait to show him I'm not alone! :)

I have a rota and then stamp it when I have done it :)

Would be nice to seem of your charts :)

I am going to upload mine later in a thead I am making.

Back
Top Bottom