Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

aint that the truth!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossie View Post
I have a spiral notebook
And an app on my iPhone
What app do you use?

Would anyone mind sending me a copy of your spreadsheet please? I'm having trouble getting one going and could use an example/guide. Thanks.

Right now I only have a few notes but I want more detail and consistency.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Actually none. I am really busy right now so don't have lots of time on-hand! Plus before I got the test kit (which was a month ago) I didn't record numbers because, well, did not know them at the time! Maybe when I have free time I can try once in a while.

If I was using an app on my Phone I'd be waiting for the iOS 5 update, it's free and comes with a Reminder app that reminds you what to do.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

What app do you use?

Would anyone mind sending me a copy of your spreadsheet please? I'm having trouble getting one going and could use an example/guide. Thanks.

Aqua planner pro. I have 7 tanks so it's coming in handy. It alerts for pwc or whatever else u need. I think it was created by someone here ( that's what I was told )
Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
What app do you use?

I sent you a PM with a link to the Excel spreadsheet I base my logs around.
fouldsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

When I had my tank set up (gave my fish to an lfs cause I never cycled like every other newbie), I was keeping both an Excel sheet, as well as a materials list, and a word document for a journal. When I re-do my tank in a week or so, I'm just gonna use a computation notebook instead (has graph paper) for both my test results and my journal. It's nice to have the info to look back on; you can find out exactly what happened to cause your problems and prevent them from happening again in the future. Plus in school we have to keep an engineering log book so I'm used to it :P
Old 08-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

@jfouldsy - I got it thanks and I think I sent you thanks twice LOL, looked at post from phone last night but look at file today on pc lol

@Flossie - I've been reading alot about that app but I can't download yet as they don't have an android version. :-(

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kool thread My logs go back 30+ years there FW but my SW logs go back 11yrs. I rite down every thing even prices of things eq. livestock sand salt you name it. It's a big help when things go bad.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
@jfouldsy - I got it thanks and I think I sent you thanks twice LOL, looked at post from phone last night but look at file today on pc lol

@Flossie - I've been reading alot about that app but I can't download yet as they don't have an android version. :-(
Awww man that stinks (
Old 08-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

i dont,but after reading this,i think i should find a notebook

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com