Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Fish logbooks

Hello everyone. Does anyone keep a fish logbook, or record sheet? I do! i put in stuff like weekly pH,nitrates,nitrites, ammonia, hardness, etc. I also put in little stories about my fish... what? dont laugh at me! so i give them imaginary personalitys, so what!!!

Anyway, its also useful to put down dates of when you got new fish, or decorations, etc. And any unusual behavior. Yay logbooks!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

We have 4 tanks and my husband, the computer nerd, created a wonderful excel spreadsheet to keep our records. We do weekly water changes and record ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, temp. The spreadsheet shows how much Prime needs to be put in which tank depending on amount of water being changed. We record filter component changes or cleanings, when new stock is added, the requirements our various species have for temp, pH and so on. Any loss of fish are noted. It's really a great spreadsheet.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I want to create a logbook, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.....
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I thought I was the only one to create an excel spreadsheet to keep records about my tank. I guess I'm not as abnormal as I thought I was. Lol Now I have to show this thread to my wife as proof I'm not the only one who does this as she says.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyH2O View Post
Now I have to show this thread to my wife as proof I'm not the only one who does this as she says.
If I started keeping a log book .. I think my wife would divorce me! She already thinks I'm obsessed with the tank.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a spiral notebook
And an app on my iPhone
Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyH2O View Post
I thought I was the only one to create an excel spreadsheet to keep records about my tank. I guess I'm not as abnormal as I thought I was. Lol Now I have to show this thread to my wife as proof I'm not the only one who does this as she says.
You're not the only computer geek in town, you know.....
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
Old 08-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Another computer nerd here tracking everything in Excel spreadsheets
fouldsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon View Post
If I started keeping a log book .. I think my wife would divorce me! She already thinks I'm obsessed with the tank.

im obsessed with my tank, and im still considered sane... at least partially...
Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

When you're considered sane or normal, that's when you've got a BIG problem that you're obviously hiding well.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com