Fish myths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pet store workers are ALWAYS very knowlegible(not saying they all aren't).

Pet store workers are ALWAYS very knowlegible(not saying they all aren't).
Hah, not just the employees, was at Petco for $1/gal sale, just checking out the fish, oh what's this? Fire mouth oscar in semi-aggressive community section... Hmmmmmm

Lets try to stay on topic. I don't want this to turn into a thread where we rip on uneducated owners or employees.
I was just looking for just wacky fish facts almost.
Like (if it still exists) the megalondons tooth is said to reach up to 6 inches.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lets try to stay on topic. I don't want this to turn into a thread where we rip on uneducated owners or employees.
I was just looking for just wacky fish facts almost.
Like (if it still exists) the megalondons tooth is said to reach up to 6 inches.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh,okay.

Its on topic. It was a simple single reply to a post minutes before dubs :) Some lfs employees are good and some not so but again theyre buinesses first so trusting everything they say is questionable.

Megalodon didn't earn its name "giant tooth"for nothing. The teeth of this prehistoric shark were over half a foot long, serrated, and heart-shaped (by comparison, the biggest teeth of a Great White Shark are only about three inches long). You have to go back 65 million years--to none other thanTyrannosaurus Rex--to find a creature with consistently bigger choppers, though the canines of some*saber-toothed cats*also measured up.

Back
Top Bottom