Fish names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm bored at work and thought it would be fun to ask everyone what their fishes names are? I mean we all name our fish but there's never really any need on here to tell each other their names, so I thought it'd be interesting. I name my pets after figures from various mythologies. Here are mine:

1. The mollies are named after Greek figures: Medusa, Euryale, Stheno, Orpheus, Icarus, and Nyx.

2. The cories are named after the four rivers in Hades: Styx, Phlegethon, Cocytus, and Acheron.

3. The goldfish are named after Hindu ideas (not figures): Brahmacarya and Samsara

4. My crayfish are named after Mesopotamian figures: Tiamat and Dimuzi

5. My amphibians (ACFs and FBnewts) are named after random gods: Venus, Pele, Neptune, Persephone, Phrixus, Horus, and Anzu.

6. The pets that I'm "babysitting" for my friend who moved temporarily to China were named by him and they are: Ching Ling, Mei Ling, Hiro, Tatsu, and Otaku.

7. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about my betta. I named him Ocean.

whoa, thats nuts. but cool.

me and my girlfriend take turns naming them.

i named our swordtail arthur because he has a sword....
and my girlfriend named the gourami earl after tom petty (its his middle name)

the snail is still nameless...

My fish (two bettas) are named for the back-to-back Super Bowl winning brothers, Peyton and Eli Manning. Back in 2006 when I got the bettas, I thought, I'll name the blue one Peyton and the red-and-blue one Eli. Now I have Super Bowl fish! :)

I've named several of my fish but several are unnamed. I have too darn many to remember that many names.

CAE is Bruce, Striped raphael catfish is Felix, White goldfish is whitey and the largest orange one is Lucky. Gold nugget pleco is Goldie, Dojo loach is Donny, Horseface loach is Heath, Largest BN pleco is Ben. That's all I can recall right now. :)

Captain and Tennille, the two "self-cleaning" common goldfish given to me in a 1-gallon bowl for Christmas, are starting it all.

One of my scissortails that survived all my disasters is named Bill. I haven't named any of the others from my re-stock.

Will probably not name them unless they stick out either in markings or personality. One day when I have a discus tank (*insert discus dreaming here*), I'll be naming them.

I have named my discus..
Mr Big - He rules the tank
Rocky-Little but smart and fast
Bulwinkle- likes to follow Rocky around and is much larger than Rocky

Houdini- my ADF that appears and dissapears as if from nowhere. :)

My Copper Banded Butterfly is "Tweaker". He is prone to fits of darting around and swimming upside down. My Imperator is "Blue" after the guy from Old School. We have a large clown named "marlin"... of course. Our stripped damsels are " Cell Block 5" cuz there are 5 of 'em. Our bird wrasse is "Jimmy" cuz of his nose. And our four green chromis are "The Bobs" after the guy who feeds them and Office Space. We have a few more that remain nameless.

My cowhead fish- hovercraft
My clown fish- Semo
My Green Chromis-(needs a name)
My Grouper-Dalmat
RIP-Zebra (Damsel)
RIP-Chip (Eaten Alive, Choc Chip Starfish)
RIP-Yelp (He disappeared...)

two clowns- hanky and panky

ohh yeah and my cleaner shrimp jacques ( that french guy name) not sure if i spelled it right. from finding nemo and i liked it

I've only named two of my fish over the years. One was a rainbow shark that I kept for years. His name was "finly". Then I had a queen loach for several years that my wife and I simply named "loachy". Loachys' tank was in my bedroom and he would wake me up frequently with his clicking sounds he would make. I miss that fish.

Harriet-yellow tang
Penelope-coral beauty
leonard-flame angel
Franko-firefish
Herman-perc clown
Marylou- damsel
Thelma and wayne-chromis
Ringo- SS starfish
Joe the emerald crab
bigblue- ridiculously huge electric blue hermit crab
Rob-gold coral banded shrimp
I also have a new diamond watchman yet to be named.

all my fish are named bill except for the pink kissing gourami she's betty... and my 2 bamboo shrimp are big shrimp and little shrimp

Tiger Barbs- Adolf, Andrew Jackson, General Longstreet

Cherry Bard- Alex (named after my friend who helped me set up the tank-need to get her out of their though!)

Gold Barb- Heisman

Pictus Cats- Scooter and Jamarcus

Back
Top Bottom