Fish names!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a strange habit of naming ALL of my fish.

Currently I have Maximus, Jupiter, Neptune, Socrates, Aristotle, Razzle Dazzle, Xenophillius, Einstein and Exodus.

When I get a new Dwarf Gourami, he will be Kent.

When I fill up my 20gL, I will have Xavier, Finnican, Ceres, Bruce, Tobias, Marvel, Mera, Tybalt, Parker, Stan Lee, Renegade, Sebastian, Simon Peter, Moses, Mariam, Felicity, Dionysus, Venom, Leon, and Poseidon.

What do you think of my names and what have you named yours? I'd love to hear some cool ones.

I've had jack Larry Jeff Janet Toby Sanchez and poncho!

P.S. I named Sanchez and poncho those names because they are buenos aires tetras and I like your names!

I have all my ones in my 10 gallon named! My Betta is Reference (we went through so many character names from games and movies and shows that we just named him Reference in general). And since he's my big guy in the tank, all the rest were named after other references. The Ghost Shrimp is Dani Phantom (just recently realized she was a girl, oops!), the Oto cats are The Flash and The Janitor(from Scrubs), our Neon Tetras are The Dynamo Gang (from Trigun), and the Nerite Snail is Flood(in reference to the They Might Be Giants album which had the song Snail Shell)

Yeah I'm a dork.

All my angelfish names!

image-2750855120.jpg

Gracie

image-3034324103.jpg

Koi

image-3932854909.jpg

Calypso

image-2271538242.jpg

Mocha

image-4090333444.jpg

Halo

image-600240221.jpg

King

image-2759802178.jpg

Navy (RIP)

image-129361148.jpg

Angel (RIP)

image-4091238932.jpg

Oscar

image-3479367063.jpg

Sharko lol

image-2432227016.jpg

Bandit (RIP)

I have all my ones in my 10 gallon named! My Betta is Reference (we went through so many character names from games and movies and shows that we just named him Reference in general). And since he's my big guy in the tank, all the rest were named after other references. The Ghost Shrimp is Dani Phantom (just recently realized she was a girl, oops!), the Oto cats are The Flash and The Janitor(from Scrubs), our Neon Tetras are The Dynamo Gang (from Trigun), and the Nerite Snail is Flood(in reference to the They Might Be Giants album which had the song Snail Shell)

Yeah I'm a dork.

All of mine are references also :D

Great name's! My elephant nose is gonzo, my new betta is Gus, my female bnp is miss piggy, my kuhli loach get called the gang as there's too many to name, my snail's are Sheldon, samson, shelby and sherman.

Great name's! My elephant nose is gonzo, my new betta is Gus, my female bnp is miss piggy, my kuhli loach get called the gang as there's too many to name, my snail's are Sheldon, samson, shelby and sherman.

Haha I LOVE the snails names XD

Let's see... I hae Dirty Frank the albino bn pleco (Pearl Jam song title), Barney the long finned brown bn pleco (HIMYM reference, he looks "suited up"), Killer the blue ct female betta (she always goes nuts on my fingers when they are in the tank), Priscilla the white hm female betta, Prince the pink/purple ct male betta (he's purple, and purple things make me think of the artist formerly known as, and now once again known as Prince), Ninja the solid black hmpk betta, Ziggy the blue and yellow ct male betta (Ziggy Stardust), Drusilla the blue/black female hm betta (Buffy reference), and Eve the marbled crayfish (X-Files reference, since she makes clones... The babies are all called Eve too). My others are still unnamed.

When I first got back into keeping fish a few years ago I got three bettas. A male I named Hemlock, another male named Foxglove, and a female named Belladonna. I miss Belladonna, she was an awesome little fish. I have also had a purple ct male named Dante because he was in really rough shape when I got him and it looked like he had been through hell. And a pinkish iridescent male hmpk I named Mr. Pink as a nod to Reservoir Dogs. At one time I had various community fish named Sushi, Sashimi, and Wasabi.

I have had a more creative ones in the past. But, I currently have Captain Wiggles and First Mate Skittles (zebra loaches), Sir Squishy (peacock eel), Snufflepot (BNP). My angels are Delilah, Cambria, and Zord.

Attachments

• P7161048.jpg
    P7161048.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 51
  • P7161012.jpg
    P7161012.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 51
  • P7161047.jpg
    P7161047.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 45
  • P7161029.jpg
    P7161029.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 52
Your angel in that last picture looks exactly like my angel King! :D

Attachments

• image-232453626.jpg
    image-232453626.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 44
Let's see... I hae Dirty Frank the albino bn pleco (Pearl Jam song title), Barney the long finned brown bn pleco (HIMYM reference, he looks "suited up"), Killer the blue ct female betta (she always goes nuts on my fingers when they are in the tank), Priscilla the white hm female betta, Prince the pink/purple ct male betta (he's purple, and purple things make me think of the artist formerly known as, and now once again known as Prince), Ninja the solid black hmpk betta, Ziggy the blue and yellow ct male betta (Ziggy Stardust), Drusilla the blue/black female hm betta (Buffy reference), and Eve the marbled crayfish (X-Files reference, since she makes clones... The babies are all called Eve too). My others are still unnamed.

When I first got back into keeping fish a few years ago I got three bettas. A male I named Hemlock, another male named Foxglove, and a female named Belladonna. I miss Belladonna, she was an awesome little fish. I have also had a purple ct male named Dante because he was in really rough shape when I got him and it looked like he had been through hell. And a pinkish iridescent male hmpk I named Mr. Pink as a nod to Reservoir Dogs. At one time I had various community fish named Sushi, Sashimi, and Wasabi.

Dude all your fish names are fin-tastic!! Kudos!

Back
Top Bottom