Fish Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a pirhana named Richthofen (the name Richthofen is from call of duty, he's the crazy scientist) a angel fish named Gabriel and a dwarf puffer named bob Marley

John,
Trust me I am not insane

I got one called Smelly Cat, Just because Friends was on TV and Phoebe started singing it right after we asked out loud "What should we call him?"

Since the unfortunate gassing incident, we have new fish!

Three opaline gouramis - Peter Paul & Mary

Pearl Gourami - Damarcus

Two Dalmatian Mollies - Ben & Jerry

Sailfin Molly - Marco

Farlowella - Armando

Two Gullies in our other tank - Johnson & Johnson

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

We don't have names for most of them, since we have multiples of most of our fish, plus we got really attached to our first fish, a male Betta (he died from dropsy 4 months later it was awful) and we named him, so we try not to get too attached anymore and not naming them helps.

But... our male guppy I call him gupp gupp. Our bn pleco is called Mr. Algea, and our female betta is Miss Fish or Miss Betta. The male betta is my mother in laws, and he is called Red :)

Everyone else is just called by their fish name. We have 1 amano shrimp that is smaller than the other 5, and he is a bit mean to the other shrimp sometimes, so, we call him little a****** sometimes. lol.

Most of my fish don't get names anymore, sometimes I'm a little sad thinking about it. I can tell my two dwarf puffers apart so I may name them. But my fiance and I have an angelfish named Flint! Originally we wanted a pair and were going to name them "Opal and Flint" but decided to just get one instead. We've also got two small bronze cories that are collectively known as tweedledee and tweedledum.

I love naming my fish! My GBR is named Steven and I sometimes end up yelling at him when he misses a blackwork that took me 5 minutes to fish out of a jar. My puffer is named Richard, my crayfish is named Wilson, but I don't name my catfish or shrimp because it takes too long to remember.

Only fish in this house with a name is our Jack Dempsey, who my wife and I just call "Jack" and our daughters call him "bubba" not sure what ever got that started but its stuck.

Some of our fish have names, others don't. The kids name them.

Guppies: Tangerine & Lemonade
Danios: Bubblegum & Lemony Snickets
Cory: Kitty
Betta: Champion
Puffers: Bubbles & Puffy the shrimp slayer.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Only 4 of my fish have names. Big Red ,my CT male Betta, Lucky my male ABN, and my 2 lemon blue eyed BN's are named Buttercup and Bella. Alison

My angelfish names are koi angel, smoky angel, gold angel, silver angel, marble angel.

My male bettas name is male betta, my blue females name is blue female betta, the little females name is little femal betta.

My harlequins names are the harlequins or the rasboras, depending on the day.

Do we need to go on? I think we all know I win the award for the creative names! Lol jk.

Waldo the Otto is my favorite name on this thread!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Big cat is named Thor, the smaller cat is Loki. Named so because I have a resin viking helm structure in the tank. Also because Thor is kind of mean. :p

Pleco is named "The Dude", en homage to Jeffery "The Dude" Lebowski. :cool:

- CK

My angelfish names are koi angel, smoky angel, gold angel, silver angel, marble angel.

My male bettas name is male betta, my blue females name is blue female betta, the little females name is little femal betta.

My harlequins names are the harlequins or the rasboras, depending on the day.

Do we need to go on? I think we all know I win the award for the creative names! Lol jk.

Waldo the Otto is my favorite name on this thread!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Thanks that's my oto he's awesome. Always photo bombs! Can you find him now. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1431633738408.jpg
    1431633738408.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom