Fish Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Figured it might be neat to hear some of the names people pick for fish and why they named them that way.

Myself, for instance, I have 3 Gold DGs named John, Don & Juan while my 3 Cobalt DGs are Fred, Ted & Ned.

The reasoning is fairly obvious, its hard to tell one another apart, so we came up with three rhyming names that suited them.

Who else had got some awesome fish names?

Figured it might be neat to hear some of the names people pick for fish and why they named them that way.

Myself, for instance, I have 3 Gold DGs named John, Don & Juan while my 3 Cobalt DGs are Fred, Ted & Ned.

The reasoning is fairly obvious, its hard to tell one another apart, so we came up with three rhyming names that suited them.

Who else had got some awesome fish names?

I named my senegalus polypterus [aka Dino bichir (as it's sold in stores) ] REX due to the fact it's a "Dino" haha

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I have two dwarf frogs named Jumanji and Scrappy (the latter so named because my friend Shaggy is in the hospital). And I have a betta named Napoleon, because that's the name that came to me when I looked at him. :D

My 2 yoyo loaches 1 is Boo because he was a shy when I first got him. The other is Loki because he's nosey and occasionally takes food out of my Keyhole Cichlid's mouth. The Angelicus loach is Simon because he's a follower . My Keyhole is named Guido because he thinks he rules the roost.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426852352083.jpg
    1426852352083.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 94
I have a Platy called Patty (10/10 for originality :) ). My Otto is called... Wait for it... otto! And my large Harlequin is called 'Lieutenant Shiny Sides'. The rest are just known as my fishy friends.

I need to get out more!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We have a betta name Pi Betta Psycho. Purchased on Pi Day and he's definitely crazy.

Otherwise we only have names for types of fish, and it's interesting to note that these were given by my 18 years old, double major, honors college, etc etc daughter:

otos: otters
furcata: furs
pygmy cories: whiskers
habrosus cories: spots
green rasboras: eyes
peacock gudgeons: baldies

The F. gardneri pair are Mr & Mrs V, the rest of my killies are 'killers' :whistle:

I named my elephant nose Gonzo from the muppets as he's got a long chin, I had a betta called butters Aka captain Chaos from south park as sometimes he was shy then I added him in with fish and well there was Chaos Lol

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

My favorite peacock cichlid is named Poseidon. Fitting name. Most of the rest aren't named. There is my red zebra who is.... wait for it.... zebra lol. I had Oscar named Ozzy once. Unfortunately he was a shot in the dark before I knew better and went all crazy train on a few yellow labs I should've known better than to have him with. I was 16..... and stupid.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a Platy called Patty (10/10 for originality :) ). My Otto is called... Wait for it... otto! And my large Harlequin is called 'Lieutenant Shiny Sides'. The rest are just known as my fishy friends.

I need to get out more!

Super funny! My oto is named Waldo (where's Waldo).

Such a good name!! Nice fish but always have a hard time finding them all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! I only have 1 oto really need toget him a buddy or 2, but he has lived by himself for 2 years now. Can you find him? Lol.

Attachments

• 1426870224256.jpg
    1426870224256.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 72
I name my fish after my favourite characters from tv series...
For example my betta is called silvio after the sopranos, as they pull the same face :)

Thanks! I only have 1 oto really need toget him a buddy or 2, but he has lived by himself for 2 years now. Can you find him? Lol.

Left side 1/3 of the way up from rhe bottom? Just above the shortest rosette plant.

Left side 1/3 of the way up from rhe bottom? Just above the shortest rosette plant.

Lol wow he's half way up just to the right of the middle of the pic! You found his reflection!!! ?

29g Community

3g Betta

Good try! Looking too hard. That always happens to us and he's usually right in front of our face.

Lol wow he's half way up just to the right of the middle of the pic! You found his reflection!!! ?

29g Community

3g Betta

I didn't even notice the reflection. :D

Good try! Looking too hard. That always happens to us and he's usually right in front of our face.

Found him! "Waldo" fits him very well.

Back
Top Bottom