Fish/Plant books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys. Over winter break, if I am feeling too burnt out from school to work, or if I can't find a job, I am going to be doing a lot of reading in my spare time. Ever since freshman year I've been itching to up my knowledge in certain areas.

After my last final, I am going to head over to my school library to try and find some decent literature on plants (most likely plant defense systems, and aquatic plants), as well as fish. I've reached a point in my life where I cannot enjoy basic books anymore (in the context of learning from them, at least), so I'd like these books to be pretty scientific in nature since that's what I am used to from school. I don't want any glossed over popular science type books. Research articles would be cool too but I'd like a longer book to keep me busy over the break when I am just sitting around (I have some pretty lazy friends).

Some recommendations that I'd like you guys to give:

Aquatic ecosystems
Fish physiology
Fish species identification guides
Plant defense systems
Plant physiology
Aquatic plant species identification guides
Aquatic plant physiology

Any books that you may have read in those areas that you enjoyed reading, please, let me know. This will give me something to look for at the 'brary, and if they don't have it I'll just get it on loan.

Thanks guys!

Here are some of my favorite authors for aquatic plants.

Takashi Amano
Peter Hiscock
Diana Walstad
Christel Kasselman

For the physiology books, all I have been able to find so far are textbooks. We can't remove them from the library. I need to look harder.

Back
Top Bottom