Fish Room!!! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couple updates.

I had an idea for the canister. I could split the intake/output up with a Y. Then for the 55 split the output AGAIN and put some spray bar on both sides of the tank. That would probably keep the power down low enough for a tank that size. Then I would just use the one output for the 90g.

Also, I have come across a small problem. The floors in the basement are a little uneven in some places. I'm just going to use shims under the stands to even it out.

KonvictKeeper said:
Couple updates.

I had an idea for the canister. I could split the intake/output up with a Y. Then for the 55 split the output AGAIN and put some spray bar on both sides of the tank. That would probably keep the power down low enough for a tank that size. Then I would just use the one output for the 90g.

Also, I have come across a small problem. The floors in the basement are a little uneven in some places. I'm just going to use shims under the stands to even it out.

Shims will work fine as for the canisters how will you equalize the pressure?
Maybe use pex tubing with shutoffs to balance it out?

Moved the 55g down to the basement (that was fun), checked for leaks and its watertight! I'm going to set up the stand tomorrow and get it cycling. It's a big tank when you see it in the open :O

I also moved my 65g, four 10g's, two 20g's, 3 5g's, and two 30g's into the closet so I don't have to go out to the barn to get tanks all the time. I still have about 6 10g's and 4 20g's out there. I have a lot of tanks... I wish they were bigger though.

I sure am!

UPDATE!

Set up the tank, put it on the stand, went out and bought some ammonia, hooked up the filters and we're rollin!
Still need to get some last (important) things. A heater, and a top.
Pics are on the way.

UPDATEEEEE

Added ammonia yesterday, and tested today. I was at about 4 ppm, so I did some water changes and got it to around 2. Cycling is beginning!
So I keep testing daily until the ammonia gets lower, and then add more right?

KonvictKeeper said:
UPDATEEEEE

Added ammonia yesterday, and tested today. I was at about 4 ppm, so I did some water changes and got it to around 2. Cycling is beginning!
So I keep testing daily until the ammonia gets lower, and then add more right?

That's right keep it at 4 ppm until it can turn to nitrates in 24 hours so 4 ppm- 0ppm in 24 hrs and showing nitrates and NO nitrites

Update time!

Just finished washing 50lbs of blasting sand... It's in the tank with some pots and fake plants.
I tested the water today and the NH3 NH4+ was about 1.5 with nitrAtes about 6. The ammo was 4 yesterday and trAtes were 0... The filters were running on an existing tank so I think cycling might be going much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom