Fish Room!!! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a question. I have never cycled a tank like this just so you know. :)

I put in enough ammonia to get it up to 4 ppm. I had my hand in the tank (I was putting a sponge filter in) and when I pulled it out my hand had a slight stench of ammonia... Did I put too much in?

If you're at 4ppm, you're ok. I don't cycle tanks, it's a huge waste of time IMO. Since you've already got tanks running, just pull a filter off one if you can, or pull some media out of one of the filters. Stock lightly then increase and just monitor ammonia and nitrite.

Okay thanks! All the filters in the 55g were on other tanks and do have some BB. I honestly think that I will be cycled in maybe a few days.
And what I've done for all my other tanks is:

Take a filter out of an existing tank
Run it for a week or two with a new filter
Add a few fish
Wait a week
If all is well (it has been every time), add the rest

Update time!

Haven't done an update for a while...

So yesterday I hooked up a power amp and some nice speakers ($10 for the set at a yard sale!), and its pretty awesome down there now.
Here's a pic of the tank right now.

Attachments

• DSCF1606.jpg
    DSCF1606.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 70
I like the look. I would probably move the heater down parallel to the substrate to hide it a little more, apply a background, and turn some of terra cotta pots in different directions but otherwise it looks great.

jetajockey said:
I like the look. I would probably move the heater down parallel to the substrate to hide it a little more, apply a background, and turn some of terra cotta pots in different directions but otherwise it looks great.

I would have to agree all those pots in different directions would look great

I worry about the 2x4. They aren't nearly as strong laying flat as they are on edge. It looks like it's sinking a bit, which means the tanks weight isn't being evenly distributed. I'd put another support in the middle to keep it from bowing.

mfdrookie516 said:
I worry about the 2x4. They aren't nearly as strong laying flat as they are on edge. It looks like it's sinking a bit, which means the tanks weight isn't being evenly distributed. I'd put another support in the middle to keep it from bowing.

Never even noticed nice catch hawk eye lol

I have two 55g and a 29g and would like one more tank. My problem is that I want them all in the living room, though I would like one in my bedroom. Its interesting that you get one tank and then two and then three and still want more. But I know its time to stop.

Back
Top Bottom