Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
LOD
Aquarium Advice Regular

Fish rooms

Who has a fish room? How many tanks? What is the biggest tank in the room and what is the smallest? And how much time do you spend in the room... And last what did your wife say...lol

Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hahaha,

This timely, currently my "fish room" is the Family Room 1 60 Gallon and a 30 gallon. I am in the process of a 36 Gallon Hex tank in the adjoining Dining Room.

I have two Separate Plans , the Basement to make it an office....Then get a 6ft 125 gallon or I have a "sun" or Porch room which I was thinking to winterizing and going wall to wall tanks. I actually caught my wife complaining on Facebook...about it....

60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Pton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Awesome topic I would like to see pics and find out more information. I am currently working on setting up my fish room in the basement. Waiting for the big petco sale so I can buy 2- 40B, 1- 20L, and maybe a 10g. I purchased heavy duty shelving from Home Depot (holds about 900lbs per shelf) Already have a 55 gallon and 20 gallon in the room. Hoping to have the following in the tanks:

40B - Fish only with liverock - saltwater
40B - Cichlids
20L - Fancy Goldfish
10G - not sure yet
55G - Blood Parrots & Jack Dempsey (Already running)
20G - Community tank (Already running)

My wife supports it. We go to the local fish store regularly and she is raffling off fish name without even looking at the tags for the names she is trying to enjoy the hobby like me.

Looking forward to fish room pics and advice I will post pics once I get the shelving and tanks together.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:27 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

i don't have a fish room yet but i'm planning one. looking forward to seeing pics of everyone else's.
HPballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Uhm - well I'm the fish junky here LOL and the "lady" of the house my dining room is my fish room since nobody ever lands there and then the living room is surrounded with tanks. Each bedroom has a tank other than mine has 2 one of which has Christmas fulus (ain't nothing better than waking up to fish on the C.A.R.E.S list). My tanks run from 2g - 75g with a variety of different residents, currently there's 38 tanks going with a decent stash in the garage for the fish room/store by appointment for the local people so they don't have to drive so far.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

post some pics ^^ i'd love to see all those tanks.
HPballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #7
come get me tang police!

Im in the process of breaking down most of my tanks so the fish room isn't currently anything to look at, but I do have pics of when I first set it up last year.

And a closer pic of the utility rack with 6 40b's
Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

I dont have a "fish room" yet but I have 4 tanks around my house, a 300 gal , 180, 125 , and 37gal. Im moving in may and planning a fish room, im building a huge stand for the middle of the room for 2- 340 gal tanks to sit back to back, and my 300 & 180 against the wall. My 125 & 37 will go in my living room.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
LOD
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well I have 3 but I want two more big tanks but wife says 3 is more then enough.... I tell her I do all the work all you have to do is just watch them. Love all of the pics and I will have one ... What is the ratio of saltwater vs freshwater in the rooms if their is one.....
Old 03-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Uhm - well I'm the fish junky here LOL and the "lady" of the house my dining room is my fish room since nobody ever lands there and then the living room is surrounded with tanks. Each bedroom has a tank other than mine has 2 one of which has Christmas fulus (ain't nothing better than waking up to fish on the C.A.R.E.S list). My tanks run from 2g - 75g with a variety of different residents, currently there's 38 tanks going with a decent stash in the garage for the fish room/store by appointment for the local people so they don't have to drive so far.
38? So you breed fish for a living right?

Because my family is ready to call Animal horders (the TV show) on me with 4 tanks lol

60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Pton46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com