Fish rooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOD

Aquarium Advice Regular
Who has a fish room? How many tanks? What is the biggest tank in the room and what is the smallest? And how much time do you spend in the room... And last what did your wife say...lol

Hahaha,

This timely, currently my "fish room" is the Family Room 1 60 Gallon and a 30 gallon. I am in the process of a 36 Gallon Hex tank in the adjoining Dining Room.

I have two Separate Plans , the Basement to make it an office....Then get a 6ft 125 gallon or I have a "sun" or Porch room which I was thinking to winterizing and going wall to wall tanks. I actually caught my wife complaining on Facebook...about it....

Awesome topic I would like to see pics and find out more information. I am currently working on setting up my fish room in the basement. Waiting for the big petco sale so I can buy 2- 40B, 1- 20L, and maybe a 10g. I purchased heavy duty shelving from Home Depot (holds about 900lbs per shelf) Already have a 55 gallon and 20 gallon in the room. Hoping to have the following in the tanks:

40B - Fish only with liverock - saltwater
40B - Cichlids
20L - Fancy Goldfish
10G - not sure yet
55G - Blood Parrots & Jack Dempsey (Already running)
20G - Community tank (Already running)

My wife supports it. We go to the local fish store regularly and she is raffling off fish name without even looking at the tags for the names she is trying to enjoy the hobby like me.

Looking forward to fish room pics and advice :) I will post pics once I get the shelving and tanks together.

Uhm - well I'm the fish junky here LOL and the "lady" of the house my dining room is my fish room since nobody ever lands there and then the living room is surrounded with tanks. Each bedroom has a tank other than mine has 2 one of which has Christmas fulus (ain't nothing better than waking up to fish on the C.A.R.E.S list). My tanks run from 2g - 75g with a variety of different residents, currently there's 38 tanks going with a decent stash in the garage for the fish room/store by appointment for the local people so they don't have to drive so far.

Im in the process of breaking down most of my tanks so the fish room isn't currently anything to look at, but I do have pics of when I first set it up last year.
img_1865206_0_57b800ea9d8bd8866ff924f0c60e9266.jpg

img_1865206_1_fa1447048cd9f0086aa4add5642da62f.jpg

And a closer pic of the utility rack with 6 40b's
img_1865206_2_793ad91a7530de24eab8cbb1d9cd833c.jpg

I dont have a "fish room" yet but I have 4 tanks around my house, a 300 gal , 180, 125 , and 37gal. Im moving in may and planning a fish room, im building a huge stand for the middle of the room for 2- 340 gal tanks to sit back to back, and my 300 & 180 against the wall. My 125 & 37 will go in my living room.

Well I have 3 but I want two more big tanks but wife says 3 is more then enough.... I tell her I do all the work all you have to do is just watch them. Love all of the pics and I will have one ... What is the ratio of saltwater vs freshwater in the rooms if their is one.....

Uhm - well I'm the fish junky here LOL and the "lady" of the house my dining room is my fish room since nobody ever lands there and then the living room is surrounded with tanks. Each bedroom has a tank other than mine has 2 one of which has Christmas fulus (ain't nothing better than waking up to fish on the C.A.R.E.S list). My tanks run from 2g - 75g with a variety of different residents, currently there's 38 tanks going with a decent stash in the garage for the fish room/store by appointment for the local people so they don't have to drive so far.

38? So you breed fish for a living right?

Because my family is ready to call Animal horders (the TV show) on me with 4 tanks lol

HN1 and I have a converted 2 car garage full of tanks. We also have some in the house. At last count I think we had 81 or 82 running including the fishroom and the house. Tanks range from 5.5 to 120 gallons. I don't have updated pics right now or I'd share them.

severum mama said:
HN1 and I have a converted 2 car garage full of tanks. We also have some in the house. At last count I think we had 81 or 82 running including the fishroom and the house. Tanks range from 5.5 to 120 gallons. I don't have updated pics right now or I'd share them.

So did y'all insulate it and do u heat it in the winter? How much does your power bill run with all those tanks?

We have heating and air run to the room (it was an attached garage and has been closed in). We also use a portable heater and air conditioner when needed. The electric bill, I'd rather not discuss. ;)

severum mama said:
We have heating and air run to the room (it was an attached garage and has been closed in). We also use a portable heater and air conditioner when needed. The electric bill, I'd rather not discuss. ;)

Is selling aquatic "products" your main source of income? Or just a side job among the hobby?

Well in GA I believe you are deregulated for energy (Electric and Gas) I believe you should look into shopping around for rates...a lot of people don't even know that, but you need to always read the fine print and that you lock in your rates. I did it here in NJ I am saving roughly 40 bucks a month.

That buys a good number of supplies. Something to think about.

Ok quick update on my fish room 120 gallon tanks two of them and 75 gallon filter fresh water start building the stand this week ..... Let's get it...

Well I am planning a fish room but only have two tanks. A ten and 30 . I have a good sized room for the tanks and would like to add a 20, 40 , 60 and a few little 5's

Currently have 15 tanks running in one classroom, and 6 tanks in other classrooms. Tanks range in size from 10 gals to 100gals, are both fresh and salt, and contain everything from native fish to puffers and amphibians.

Back
Top Bottom