fish sleep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
Been thinking about "do fish sleep" a lot lately. They definitely do, at least most fish!

Last night hubby went to check on Mr. Blue betta and his two new shrimpy friends, and Blue had stuffed himself into the java moss and was sound asleep, and the shrimp were racing around like crazy shrimp :D :D :D (love them).

Mr. Red was up behind the filter.

Miss Betta was on the intake in her fluval spec 5g...

Mr. Algea in our 20g tank often sleeps upside down underneath our mushroom decoration that we finally got after eying such a thing for a year. And our panda cories just pass out sometimes.... hehe. The pygmies and the habrosus must sleep too. So cute...

I found this article, also:

Do fish sleep? | The Fisheries Blog

Feel free to share any fish sleeping stories or whatever :D

A favorite, old pic of mine: sleeping kuhli :flowers:

img_3245245_0_dfb6bab1fea43c4785d5f57b81ab182e.jpg

I checked on my 75g early one morning and my dojo loach was laying on his side. Immediately we all think if a fish is laying on his side that can't be good..

Plunged my arm into the tank and he looks up at me like "HUMAN CANT YOU SEE IM SLEEPING!" :D

Caleb

I checked on my 75g early one morning and my dojo loach was laying on his side. Immediately we all think if a fish is laying on his side that can't be good..

Plunged my arm into the tank and he looks up at me like "HUMAN CANT YOU SEE IM SLEEPING!" :D

Caleb

My dojo would do the same thing but he would be sideways half sticking out of a in one of my cave decorations.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My dojo would do the same thing but he would be sideways half sticking out of a in one of my cave decorations.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It still freaks me out lol.

If I could get a picture one of my Bettas will lay on patches of plants and hop off when someone comes in the room.

Caleb

I can tell when it's 8:30 time for bed as all my fish disappear in to the rocks , they wont reappear till morning around 6:30 wake up time , you can almost set your clock to them,
they also know when it's feeding time as they all hang out at the surface , and they do this the same time every day 1:00 , they are very smart
I cant seem to fool them turning lights off early or even on for that matter ,

My Betta as well as both of my clown fish like to sleep against the back of the tank where the water at the top flows into the sump. They must use the water flow through the grate to hold them in place , more than once I have fallen for their trick and I think OHHH no they are dead = nope just nap time.

Caleb

Teehee. Our fish like to scare us :p I got scared the first few times I saw fish sleeping....

My Betta as well as both of my clown fish like to sleep against the back of the tank where the water at the top flows into the sump. They must use the water flow through the grate to hold them in place , more than once I have fallen for their trick and I think OHHH no they are dead = nope just nap time.

We've had a few do that...

I can tell when it's 8:30 time for bed as all my fish disappear in to the rocks , they wont reappear till morning around 6:30 wake up time , you can almost set your clock to them,
they also know when it's feeding time as they all hang out at the surface , and they do this the same time every day 1:00 , they are very smart
I cant seem to fool them turning lights off early or even on for that matter ,

That's so awesome :) I love when fish surprise us like that.

Back
Top Bottom