Fish tank dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think we all know that if you are a tank addict then you've have had at least one really weird dream about them. I have had several dreams about my fish flying about and I was very worried and had to put them back. Even better I once had a dream that my tank had a sliding door in the front and I could do tank maintenance without water spilling out. What dreams have you guys had?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Only one so far. I was in my bed, staring at a tank, and I'm to even sure it was mine. The fist started kind of floating, in and outside, and I was kind of worried. Then, the whole thing just fell apart and I woke up. Kinda scared me.

Nils

I've had some of my tanks like cracking and spilling everywhere only to wake up and it's just me needing to top off the water because filter noise.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I had a couple were I was like in a perfect fish store, but the tanks would rotate and I would be looking at one beta fish and it would just spin all of a sudden? And like the tank racks were like 20ft tall and there was species where like tangs with goldfish. Yeah no more caffeine before sleeping

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have been known to have weird dreams anyway. They are always so vivid. I have even had dreams with animals that aren't even aquatic living in my tank. For example I have owned snakes in an aquarium before in my dreams.

I recently had a dream that my kuhlis spawned. No eggs or anything, I just noticed all these little things that looked like dark striped grains of rice. At least it was a good dream because some of mine are waaaay out there :nono:

I've had recurrent aquarium nightmares since getting into the hobby around 2005. The more tanks, the more complex and weird the dreams ?

Sent via the time space continuum... All hail Zoltan.

I had a dream once where I had a conversation with our angelfish, Flint. He had a british accent for some reason... quite a good conversationalist though I don't remember exactly what we talked about lol.

I had a dream once where I had a conversation with our angelfish, Flint. He had a british accent for some reason... quite a good conversationalist though I don't remember exactly what we talked about lol.
Hallo Governor!
^that's funny!^
I have the same every night!

Hallo Governor!
^that's funny!^
I have the same every night!

Ohh my goodness what a tank! My dreams always consist of multiple tanks and not 1 HUGE tank . Probably because I only have 1 at the moment. :(

My 5 Rams ended up being 4 female and a male. Then all the females payed eggs on the same stone at the same time. The male managed to fertilize all of the eggs. None of them died or anything. They all chased away the other fish. There was a big ball of fry and none ever died. Them I woke up.

I was mad when I w one up.

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

I had a nightmare last night that hair algae started growing in my new planted 10 gallon.... :blink:

That's when you wake up and run immediately to your tank to see if it was actually real.

I've had dreams where the front of a tank was permeable, so you could reach your hand in. Usually my dreams will focus around a theme of "omg... I forgot about this tank, and this one, and that one..." followed by sheer panic over what to do and what a horrible fish keeper I must be. :hide:

Some dream locations were:

A pet shop, but one with only fish. *ok... not so bad*

Aquariums built into a mailbox area by the road *no more pizza before bed*

A mall filled with aquariums, finding one weird creature after another, the likes of which I've never seen anywhere, fiction or non-fiction, and of course, totally forgotten about by me, so much so I could not believe anything would even be alive in those conditions. It was my job to oversee them. *probably need less caffeine*

A house with different rooms, filled with room-sized aquariums in various stages of disrepair (of course), and weird creatures all over the place. Yes, I had completely forgotten about them :blink: *less caffeine AND possibly adjust meds for anxiety, maybe consider giving up aquarium keeping lol*

Love it! At least I don't feel as crazy now;)

My girlfriend had a dream that she was laying down next to me on an anemone bed. Tentacles all whispy around us. I was lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had a dream last night that I was in the woods, and I found a six foot sucker fish, and the water that it was in was just rising in the air, just free floating, connecting to a stream that had a two foot sucker following the big one. It was really weird!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Back
Top Bottom