fish tank kings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vance1013

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whats your guys thoughts on the show saw my first episode last night it seemed they actually care bout the fish in this show

it's kind of bland, but I just started watching it yesterday. I used to watch Tanked but now everyone in my school copies me, and now they're being obnoxious and they think they know more about fish than I do. I didn't even bother telling them I've been fish keeping since as long as I can remember, so I simply decided to move to a new show which is fish tank kings

Now to get to the actual show. I feel like both tanked and FTK needs to do more freshwater. Sure saltwater is good for the LOOKS but there are some people with actual PREFERENCES for freshwater!

Also the attitude of the fish "geek" of the show really pisses me off.

I prefer home made broadcasts on YouTube. You are dealing with things that are NOT scripted, real and quality. I enjoy making these YouTube videos just as much!

Bobjoefredsky said:
it's kind of bland, but I just started watching it yesterday. I used to watch Tanked but now everyone in my school copies me, and now they're being obnoxious and they think they know more about fish than I do. I didn't even bother telling them I've been fish keeping since as long as I can remember, so I simply decided to move to a new show which is fish tank kings

Now to get to the actual show. I feel like both tanked and FTK needs to do more freshwater. Sure saltwater is good for the LOOKS but there are some people with actual PREFERENCES for freshwater!

Also the attitude of the fish "geek" of the show really pisses me off.

I prefer home made broadcasts on YouTube. You are dealing with things that are NOT scripted, real and quality. I enjoy making these YouTube videos just as much!

Yah tanked is more bout th e tanks ftk i like alot better i can understand the non scripted part due to so much fake stuff out there ice only seen one episode so idk the attitude of the fish geek lol ill have to check out the youtube videos

vance1013 said:
Yah tanked is more bout th e tanks ftk i like alot better i can understand the non scripted part due to so much fake stuff out there ice only seen one episode so idk the attitude of the fish geek lol ill have to check out the youtube videos

Yeah there are a bunch of people who post videos about their tanks everywhere. Some of them are very knowledgeable and it's good cause I also get a visual

Bobjoefredsky said:
Yeah there are a bunch of people who post videos about their tanks everywhere. Some of them are very knowledgeable and it's good cause I also get a visual

That is true visuals are always helpful

They don't do freshwater because they simply don't have the knowledge or skill to pull off a nice big planted one. They can build a nice tank, but they don't have very good aquascaping skills when they can't just toss in a huge block of fake coral from what I've seen.

Tanked did some freshwater and they looked like garbage for the most part in my opinion. The beer keg one, Houdini, the fridge one and the pinball tank are the ones I remember. They did them very childish inside, quickly decorated without much thought.

A nice planted tank would take more time than they are willing to put in on the show. It would be months before the tank they planted looked robust and alive for filming. Just look how long an Iwagumi or other tanks take to really look grown in.

A big coral tank (especially since they use mostly fake stuff) usually looks nice from almost day one. Planted tanks look best a few months in.

They could do a really nice cichlid tank with rocks, ledges, stumps, but no one has likely asked for one that they wanted to film.

At least that's my opinion.

I know whatcha mean i only get to see episodes at my in laws house so but thats what i could tell is that they mainly do saltwater

Back
Top Bottom