Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fish tank nightmares!

So I've had a few nightmares about having my new fishtank. One was that I had the 55 gal set up for saltwater an had all my pretty fish and reefs. Then one of the kids threw a toy at it and of course it broke. All the fish and water spilled out all over the floor and I was frantically trying to catch the water spilling out in a bucket so I could save the fish that were flopping on the carpet. It was terrible!

Have you guys had any nightmares?

Old 03-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had one where I cleaned an acrylic tank with cleaner which then melted the acrylic, causing me to rush round frantically to find a new tank.

Weird part, I don't have an acrylic tank :S

Old 03-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser
I had one where I cleaned an acrylic tank with cleaner which then melted the acrylic, causing me to rush round frantically to find a new tank.

Weird part, I don't have an acrylic tank :S
Oh no! That would be horrible! LOL!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a nightmare where I was walking around school and there was my fish tank! Then I would freak out wondering how it got there, water/fish and all, and how I was going to get it back home. lol.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I had a nightmare last night actually. How ironic. I just gave my roommate a 20gal long yesterday for his birthday. He knows nothing about fish keeping. I dreamt that he went out and got frags, and saltwater angels, and freshwater fish, and plants and just put them all together in the same tank with tap water! lol
I dreamt i saw the poor sw angels struggling for life. I also dreamt that i beat my roommate senseless.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Had a 150 leak. I heard this trickle of water coming from the cabinet and thought it was a little too loud for my filters and found the tank trickling. I immediately spent rest of the day draining and setting up 3 small tanks to keep my fish and plants. Gotta love this hobby!!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Cornstar Send a message via Skype™ to Cornstar
It was shortly after my male kribensis became aggressive towards my female. One night dreamt that my female kribensis was really hurt and then I accidentally dropped it while trying to net it out an it fell on the floor and broke in half.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Seeing everyone comment on my post that I need to strip all of the silicone from my tank and reapply because it could leak. Oh wait! That's really happening!

Wouldn't be so bad if I had ANY confidence in my ability to completely reseal a tank.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyINCo
I had a nightmare last night actually. How ironic. I just gave my roommate a 20gal long yesterday for his birthday. He knows nothing about fish keeping. I dreamt that he went out and got frags, and saltwater angels, and freshwater fish, and plants and just put them all together in the same tank with tap water! lol
I dreamt i saw the poor sw angels struggling for life. I also dreamt that i beat my roommate senseless.
LOL!! That's too funny! You'd think the LFS would have at least questioned him about his choice of fish... Good thing it was just a dream!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill
Seeing everyone comment on my post that I need to strip all of the silicone from my tank and reapply because it could leak. Oh wait! That's really happening!

Wouldn't be so bad if I had ANY confidence in my ability to completely reseal a tank.
That's it! You sparked the dream I had last night. I dreamt that the tank was empty on the stand but it wasn't seated properly. One end was elevated on the edge of the stand instead of being seated like it should be. Anyway, my husband filled the tank with water for me to be nice and when I came home to find it the seals were completely destroyed and water was leaking out everywhere! Good thing mine was just a dream!

Have some faith in yourself. You'll get it sealed properly!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com