Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Fish Tank- No Fish

While cleaning up part of the basement today I came across some tanks that weren't in use. Grabbing the two largest ones (a 1.5g and a 1g) I went up stairs to ask my mother about some shrimp and such. No prevail, her exact words were "I am not paying for any more filters or heaters. And I am not buying fish for any more aquariums because you already have one that has just little fish in a 55 gallon tank!" Okay, so that was a little edited but it's now internet friendly

Here's my idea: Terrariums!!! My mother has wanted one for the longest time, so I'm hoping that I can persuade her to get another tank later on by this. I have read some things up on them but I have little clue on what to do. I have the 1.5g, the 1g bowl, and some vase as well. I guessed that this was the best part of this site to put this on, but I don't know (moderators change if need be)... Any ideas on plants or set ups?

Galligak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
There isn't much you can do with a 1 gallon, for sure no shrimp. What were you thinking terrarium wise?

Shrimpin aint easy.
RedFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Well why dont you pay for the new tanks? I have to pay for all my tanks (40 fw, 30 sw) So my parents dont really care as long as its my earned money!

What type of terrarium are you thinking about? Plants and bugs basically? If you got a bit larger of a tank, it could be part water with semi aquatic plabts all over and many different types of cool minnows or local fish
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote

plants, tan, terrarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com