Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-25-2004, 08:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Its just what makes you feel good and complete, whatever it is. Everybody has their own niche in life, if it works for you, do it.

150 gal inwall reef tank, DIY everything except the tank and skimmer, MAG-24 return, 3 1200 Maxi-jets, Turboflotor 1000 Skimmer, 100qt Igloo Cooler sump.

Join N. Florida Regional Forum
Old 04-25-2004, 08:55 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Chickadee, I hope you feel better soon. I don't think fishtanks in the bedroom could cause any harm. I'm very allergic to mold too, and my tanks have never bothered me. It may depend on how humid your area is too. I have a tight-fitting lid on my FW tanks, and I often sit right beside the tanks, at the kitchen counter. My tanks haven't caused any illness for me, other than a brief cyano issue that was quickly and easily resolved.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
actually fish bring luck to their owners.. like for example goldfish or any fish that have color closest to red, kois, platies, etc.. bring good luck and the most luck would be the asian arowana.. and having an odd number of fish in ur tank is suppose to bring luck also..the only down side is that if you walk through ur door and see the fish tank it is said to bring bad luck =\... hehe confusing but im chinese and my family have drilled this into my mind
i work in a lfs?
Old 05-04-2004, 07:26 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
I've never read or learned anything about feng shui (until I read this post!) but now I'm intrigued so I want to learn more (more for curiosity's sake than anything else).
Personally, I don't believe in the fish tank bringing upon you bad luck. For me, my fish tank is RIGHT NEXT to my bed. As in inches from it. It's 4 feet long, so it prettymuch dominates one side of my bed. And I love it there: it relaxes me, gives me something to watch when I'm bored and something to think about before I go to sleep, and is overall very soothing (especially with running water and animals - I'm a water sign, and maybe that has something to do with the attraction to water, but who knows).
About the growth in your breast: get it checked RIGHT AWAY. I cannot stress that enough! (The computer got mad, said I was yelling and not to use caps, but whatever! ) My grandmother died from cancer that started in her lymph nodes (near armpit) and spread to her lungs. The sooner that can be looked into, the better. I sincerely hope it is only a false alarm or something related to that, and I truly hope that your other illnesses go away. I think it has nothign to do with the fish tank - although my grandmother didn't do feng shui or have a fish tank. (Fish = relaxation!!!)
Best of luck all around, and remember no matter what, we are here for you! (Even if it means denouncing feng shui! )
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans . . .
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:31 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanks for everyone's concerns. That was removed and I am all better.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com