Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Probably the reason you think the tank in Nemo looked fresh water was because all of the fake plants were fresh water plants. Plus, the blue rocks, bubbling treasure chest, and erupting volcano are all things I associate with fresh water tanks. Er... The sort of things I liked when I first started.

Joleen

Old 07-25-2005, 04:45 PM   #12

Andy from the Andy Milanakis show bought Koi and goldfish from the fish store. Then, while in plastic, he threw the bags into a large pond and said "You're free now, my little fishies!". Someone ought to have swam that dirty looking city pond to pull them back out.

Also, Steve-O from Jackass swallowed a goldfish. Then he drank gold fish water to puke the poor goldfish back out. All that gastric acids ought to have stressed that goldfish to death.

Poor goldfish species. They're celebs but they're like the "stunt people" of the fish world.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Remember the Bond film, "Octopussy" starring Roger Moore?
http://www.britmovie.co.uk/genres/bo...raphy/016.html

That tank couldn't be more than 45 gallons, and yet it housed a poisonous octupus?!?!

There was an amusing scene where one of the villian's henchmen went crashing headfirst into the aquarium and the octopus attached itself tightly to his face. I felt sorry for the octopus.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:58 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
In The Graduate, Benjamin Braddock has gouramis and angels in a metal framed tank
I actually have been successful at housing 2 gouramis and 2 angels in the same tank. Sometimes the gouramis chase eachother, but other than that they are healthy and colorful. My wife gets mad at me because everytime I see a fish tank I make sure that I point it out . I seen this one movie that a PI had a SW tank in his office and was ashing a cigarette in it ! I wanted to cry.

55 gal cycling. Will be FOWLR.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:54 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Forget about the movies......how about the pictures that come on the boxes they sell aquariums in!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:57 PM   #16
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTOFFER
Remember the Bond film, "Octopussy" starring Roger Moore?
http://www.britmovie.co.uk/genres/bo...raphy/016.html

That tank couldn't be more than 45 gallons, and yet it housed a poisonous octupus?!?!

There was an amusing scene where one of the villian's henchmen went crashing headfirst into the aquarium and the octopus attached itself tightly to his face. I felt sorry for the octopus.
That wasn't a real blue-ring in 99% of the shots, and real blue-rings are actually pretty tiny, so the 45G isn't all that unreasonable.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 07-27-2005, 08:31 PM   #17

have you all seen Kiss the Girls, with Morgan Freeman

in the beginning the girl says goodnight to her fish, then someone tries to attack her, she trips down the stairs falls on the fish tank, cuts her arm from the glass, and the koi in the tank are flopping gasping for air

that made me mad but it was still a good movie

Old 07-28-2005, 01:03 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to dr_girlfriend
I want an aquascum 3000 too I agree that Nemo gave people a bad sense of those fish living together in a tank in reality. I still love that movie!! Just keep swimming......

How about the dish network or the other dish provider (forgot name) with the goldfish bowl with a goldfish about the same size as the bowl in it. Commercials are sometimes worst than movies. .

These images just perpetuate all the rediculous goldfish myths, and keeps making them almost generic. Most people have no clue about the rich history and once great importance and statute these fish once had. Ok, off my goldfish soap box

Fish and insects I guess dont get the same protection from the humane society that all other animals do. Not that I'm a PETA member or a bug lover, but how is it ethical or humane to eat live bugs for entertainment purposes? Arent insects living animals too? Fear Factor irritates me about this. Plus its just nasty.

I liked the shark in ace ventura. Since I'm sure a great white would live long in a 1000 gallon drum

We weep for the bird's cry, but not for the blood of a fish. Blessed are those who have voice.

Pinky: "What are those Brain?" (pointing to a group of people protesting)
Brain: "People without jobs Pinky."

N. California aquarium maintenance, scuba certification, and boat services.

Need computer services in N. California? Click here!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:27 AM   #19

By the way, cichlids are getting some air time at the Real World Austin. There's this cichlid tank in their "telephone" room. And they used to be just back grounds. But they are now being shown as fillers between scenes.

Cichlids are Celebs, wohooo!

I can't believe the tank in Finding Nemo had pebbles as substrate. At least I never actually seen a pebble saltwater tank. I guess it's just a bit weird to have pebbles in the sea.

I am not ruling out the fact that there are pebble beaches on earth. It's just common for SW tanks to be either sand or crushed coral or a combination of both.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:20 AM   #20

yea i was watching The Real World: Austin

i like it cause it shows the fish tanks!!

thats the only reason i watch it

Closed Thread

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com