Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-16-2012, 01:22 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

I got a tank up and running just for my cat, we lost 2 this year, one to a very bad heredity brain infection/spinal virus, and another one to jaw cancer. So that left my 22yo cat and my 2yo well needless to say the kitten was bored all day, I got him a tank with a tight lid, a few fish and sat it on the floor... The cat hasn't looked at it once lol so now it's a Betta tank and the fish are in my 29g

He also has a new 7 month old kitten to play with so it worked out, he got a play toy... Umm friend and my bettas got a new tank lol

Old 10-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

So far, my dog ignores the tank other than trying to drink out of my bucket of water change water. The cats, though....
My black and white fluff ball sits beside the tank occasionally and pats the outside, my betta swims over and flares, cat pats tank, betta flares, repeat. They will do this for 5 minutes or so before either the cat or fish gets bored and goes away. Sometimes the betta loses interst first, smetimes the cat does.
I had to get a lid for my tank, because our gray cat, Dr. Seuss, liked to stand on his hind legs, front legs resting on the edge of the tank, and hover with his nose just over the water. I figured the day was coming when he would get up the courage to actually stick his paw in and try to grab a fish, and I wanted to stop it before it happened. He then proceeded to crack my new glass lid in two seperate places by walking over it and sitting on it for better fish viewing purposes.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats
So far, my dog ignores the tank other than trying to drink out of my bucket of water change water. The cats, though....
My black and white fluff ball sits beside the tank occasionally and pats the outside, my betta swims over and flares, cat pats tank, betta flares, repeat. They will do this for 5 minutes or so before either the cat or fish gets bored and goes away. Sometimes the betta loses interst first, smetimes the cat does.
I had to get a lid for my tank, because our gray cat, Dr. Seuss, liked to stand on his hind legs, front legs resting on the edge of the tank, and hover with his nose just over the water. I figured the day was coming when he would get up the courage to actually stick his paw in and try to grab a fish, and I wanted to stop it before it happened. He then proceeded to crack my new glass lid in two seperate places by walking over it and sitting on it for better fish viewing purposes.
Poor fishies. That particular viewpoint may not have been appreciated lol!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com