fish vs dog standoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tigerosx

Aquarium Advice Regular
My pup lex sits with me while i watch my fish. He likes to get up close some times and really investigate. Some times it's a stand off with my pink convict. He does this for hours sometimes. Not to rant a whole story here but lex was a troublesome puppy, hyper, jumpy and a horrible nipper. It wasn't until I got the fish when he found something to calm him down and keep occupied. I'm not joking when I say this he's like a new dog. I owe my fish a lot :) Now he sleeps next to them at night haha. Share any of your pet vs wet pet stories :)

ForumRunner_20121012_194032.jpg

ForumRunner_20121012_194123.jpg

ForumRunner_20121012_194519.jpg
Bahaha he's funny looking ay?

My yorkie does the same thing even with his height disadvantage haha :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121012_213540.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121012_213540.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 137
  • ForumRunner_20121012_213640.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121012_213640.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 130
Mrc8858 said:
My yorkie does the same thing even with his height disadvantage haha :)

Haha so funny that dogs do take interest into our tanks

My Boston does the same thing. She will sit and watch my tanks for hours. I even got her a stuffed fish dog toy so she could have her "own" fish. She slept with it and took it everywhere. Nobody could touch her fish, if we did she would take it and hide it.

Attachments

• image-1257771280.jpg
    image-1257771280.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 122
My bird HATES my fish! Whenever I'm doing aquarium work he gets so jealous and starts hissing at the tank and trying to draw my attention away. I think he also finds them creepy lol.

My guinea pigs will sit in front of the tank, then I'll pick them up and they'll try to jump in! They love my fish

emerald76 said:
My guinea pigs will sit in front of the tank, then I'll pick them up and they'll try to jump in! They love my fish

My vizsla will just stare at my pleco for like an hour, funny thing is she stays there and stares at him its like a stare off thing its pretty funny IMO

haha reading all this makes me want to get a pet too!

@emerald - your guinea pig needs a scuba diving suit! then she can livr in the tank like sandy from sponge bob. :D

Athaocity said:

@emerald - your guinea pig needs a scuba diving suit! then she can livr in the tank like sandy from sponge bob. :D

Lol then the other piggy would be jealous!

Athaocity said:

Haha that's awesome!!!

That would be quite a sight for guests, a fish tank with a scuba diving guinea pig swimming around in it!

Bettafanatic said:
That would be quite a sight for guests, a fish tank with a scuba diving guinea pig swimming around in it!

Just hope there were no full grown oscars ha

Newbie to the forum :)
I've had my current fish for only 4 days 36G in the bedroom. My Maltese, Eris, sits up on the bed and stares at the rasboras schooling around. I don't know if it will last but my furry baby has slight seperation anxiety, if left alone too long she'll find paper products and shred them, but the past few days she hasn't shred anything so maybe the fish are keeping her company. My one cat is oblivious, she got it all out of her system years ago when I had my old tanks, then she'd sit still and watch them for hours but this time she doesn't care she's a bitter old lady now, lol, but the other cat is new to fish and tall enough to sit below the tank and reach his paw up and bat at the glass if the fish swim near the bottom, lol. If I'm quick enough I'll get pictures its adorable!

O m gee that's adorable! I've seen my puppy go and put her nose up the glass like she was curious but it's only happened like once. Lol

Tigerosx said:
Just hope there were no full grown oscars ha

My piggies are fully grown and WAY too big for an Oscar lol they are bigger than one!!!!!!!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom